    I wonder what Certificate you can get from Microsoft in Asp:Net or mayeb
    it's VB.NET as well... where can I read more about this?

    /Lars

    Lars Netzel, Feb 15, 2005

  2. Lars Netzel

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Lars:
    Check out http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/default.asp and
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/prepare/findexam.asp
    MCP is a sinle exam from the list of available ones.

    70-305 is ASP.Net in VB.Net
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-305.asp and 70-315 is in
    C#....any one of them will get you an MCP...if you take 3 you'll get an MCAD
    (although they have to be the right 3..for example, you can't take 305 and
    315 (they only count as 1)) anyways, the webpage has all the details.

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Karl Seguin, Feb 15, 2005

  3. There is a number of newsgroups for that:

    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd
    microsoft.public.certification

    When I did my own research on that, I came to conclusion that certification
    sometimes can help you in getting a job and impressing non-technical folks,
    but it is hardly worth anything as long as your real experience is
    concerned.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 15, 2005
  4. Lars Netzel

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Eliyahu Goldin" <> wrote in message

    > When I did my own research on that, I came to conclusion that
    > certification
    > sometimes can help you in getting a job and impressing non-technical
    > folks,
    > but it is hardly worth anything as long as your real experience is
    > concerned.

    Agree 100%. I make it a general rule never to contract for any company who
    requires Microsoft certification...

    Mark Rae, Feb 15, 2005
  5. >> I make it a general rule never to contract for any company who requires
    >> Microsoft certification...

    They wouldn't hire you anyway because you don't have a certification!

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Feb 15, 2005
  6. > They wouldn't hire you anyway because you don't have a certification!

    Me neither. But I have been told that I'm certifiable. Does that count?

    ;-)

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer