Net::HTTP::get statis of a chunked response

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Aníbal, Dec 27, 2006.

  1. Aníbal

    Aníbal Guest

    Hello,

    I am using a code like:

    # using block
    File.open('result.txt', 'w') {|f|
    resp, data = http.get('/~foo/') do |str|
    f.write str
    end
    }

    To read a chunked response from a server (a large file) Docs say:
    "In version 1.2, this method never raises exception."

    How can I know if the transfer was Ok? Just checking the size
    reported by the content-length header against the size of the file
    written to disk? Or is there any other recommended way?

    Thanks in advance,

    --
    Anibal Rojas
    http://www.rubycorner.com

    Aníbal, Dec 27, 2006

  2. Aníbal

    Guest

    On Wed, 27 Dec 2006, [iso-8859-1] An=EDbal wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am using a code like:
    >
    > # using block
    > File.open('result.txt', 'w') {|f|
    > resp, data =3D http.get('/~foo/') do |str|
    > f.write str
    > end
    > }
    >
    > To read a chunked response from a server (a large file) Docs say:
    > "In version 1.2, this method never raises exception."
    >
    > How can I know if the transfer was Ok? Just checking the size
    > reported by the content-length header against the size of the file
    > written to disk? Or is there any other recommended way?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    harp:~ > cat a.rb
    require 'net/http'
    require 'uri'
    require 'yaml'

    %w[
    http://www.google.com/index.html
    http://www.google.com/non-index.html
    ].each do |uri|

    uri =3D URI.parse uri
    http =3D Net::HTTP.new uri.host
    r =3D http.get(uri.path){|s| s}
    y uri.to_s =3D> r.code
    r.value # this will raise an error iff code is not=
    200
    end

    harp:~ > ruby a.rb
    http://www.google.com/index.html: "200"
    http://www.google.com/non-index.html: "404"
    /home/ahoward//lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:2065:in `error!': 404 "Not Found" (=
    Net::HTTPServerException)
    from /home/ahoward//lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:2074:in `value'
    from a.rb:14
    from a.rb:7

    -a
    --=20
    if you find yourself slandering anybody, first imagine that your mouth is
    filled with excrement. it will break you of the habit quickly enough. - th=
    dalai lama

    , Dec 27, 2006