net/https.rb not available on Ubuntu Server???

Guest

I'm just starting with a simple require to net/https that fails:

xeno@joehill:~$ cat try02.rb
#!/usr/bin/ruby
#
# try02.rb
#
require 'net/https'
#
# end of try02.rb
xeno@joehill:~$ ./try02.rb
/try02.rb:5:in `require': no such file to load -- net/https (LoadError)
from ./try02.rb:5

This is on a Ubuntu/Feisty Server, and I'm not seeing anything about
net/https being deprecated on the net, so unless somebody tells me
https.rb shouldn't be there anymore, I'll submit a bug to Ubuntu about
it... Meanwhile, and sorry if I haven't been following Ruby-Talk well
enough to know this, but I'm open to suggestions as to the latest
recommended package to use to get basic non-password protected https
pages as simply as possible.

Thanks

-- The only sustainable organizing methods focus not on scale, but on good design of the functional unit, not on winning battles, but on preservation.