.NET Interop with Win32 dll not completely working

Jon Hinkle

I have exhausted everything I can think of. I have a test app that calls a
web service written in C#. It takes the xml and passes it to a Win32 dll
written in Delphi. Most clients have worked great, but I can't get this one
to work. It responds like it worked but it's not. The first thing the dll
does is write the xml to a file. It never does it. So I figure maybe the
rights aren't appropriate so I turn off logging, but no data shows up in the
database and no errors are returned to the test app. The web service spawns
a thread, joins with the Delphi dll and it writes the data to the db. I've
got application event log writing going on and it goes through all these
lines, but for whatever reason it's like the web service responds fine but I
don't think the dll is being called really. ANY, ideas would be appreciated.
I literally cannot think of another thing to do to try and resolve this
other than porting all the Delphi code to C# and putting everything in the
web service. I'd like to try and resolve this though. Thanks