.NET Portability

BrianB

Hello,
I'm having trouble opening an application I've inherited for the purpose of
making some simple corrections. I'm a beginning developer and don't
understand why the *.sln file won't open on my desktop, just like it would
when I was VPN connected to the Web Server on which it formally resides.
I'm thinking I edit the *.sln file to reflect the new path of the files,
which would be on my computer, but those edits ended up knocking me
completely out of the app...all it tells me now is I have no access, as
opposed to the re-routing wizard/prompt it launched initially. The original
*.sln file had a UNC address for the file server on which it resided...and
now it's in the c:\inetpub folder of my Laptop, so that's how I had changed
the *.sln to reflect that new path, and it didn't like that.
What files do I need to edit (Notepad), and how do I edit them so I can open
this solution on my laptop?

Thanks in advance,
Brian B