    harmonically on windows?

    thanks,
    Gil

    gil, Sep 7, 2007

  2. gil <> wrote in news:1189182946.304387.5760
    @r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to use Net::Sftp on windows XP,
    > I already downloaded Net::SSH::W32Perl and Net::Sftp.
    >
    > the thing is - when trying to use, I get this error message yelling
    > about the use of "getpid()" on SSH/Perl.pm, when disabling the line -
    > some local variable $home isn't initialized.

    Please read the posting guidelines and show a small example.

    Does setting $ENV{HOME} to something meaningful help?

    > does some one know how can I make theses two fellows (SSH, Sftp) work
    > harmonically on windows?

    ITYM "harmoniously"

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic

    Sinan

    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>
    clpmisc guidelines: <URL:http://www.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc.shtml>

    A. Sinan Unur, Sep 7, 2007

  3. gil

    gil Guest

    On Sep 7, 7:52 pm, "A. Sinan Unur" <> wrote:
    > gil <> wrote in news:1189182946.304387.5760
    > @r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > I'm trying to use Net::Sftp on windows XP,
    > > I already downloaded Net::SSH::W32Perl and Net::Sftp.

    > > the thing is - when trying to use, I get this error message yelling
    > > about the use of "getpid()" on SSH/Perl.pm, when disabling the line -
    > > some local variable $home isn't initialized.

    > Please read the posting guidelines and show a small example.

    I.E:

    use Net::SFTP;
    my $sftp = Net::SFTP->new($host);

    > Does setting $ENV{HOME} to something meaningful help?

    Haven't tried it yet, I don't know which value should I set in
    $ENV{HOME}.

    gil, Sep 7, 2007
  4. gil

    sagar gadge Guest

    On Sep 8, 1:29 am, gil <> wrote:
    > On Sep 7, 7:52 pm, "A. Sinan Unur" <> wrote:> gil <> wrote in news:1189182946.304387.5760
    > > @r34g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

    > > > Hi,

    > > > I'm trying to use Net::Sftp on windows XP,
    > > > I already downloaded Net::SSH::W32Perl and Net::Sftp.

    > > > the thing is - when trying to use, I get this error message yelling
    > > > about the use of "getpid()" on SSH/Perl.pm, when disabling the line -
    > > > some local variable $home isn't initialized.

    > > Please read the posting guidelines and show a small example.

    > I.E:
    >
    > use Net::SFTP;
    > my $sftp = Net::SFTP->new($host);
    >

    > > Does setting $ENV{HOME} to something meaningful help?

    > Haven't tried it yet, I don't know which value should I set in
    > $ENV{HOME}.
    >

    > > > does some one know how can I make theses two fellows (SSH, Sftp) work
    > > > harmonically on windows?

    > > ITYM "harmoniously"

    > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonic

    > > Sinan

    > > --
    > > A. Sinan Unur <>
    > > (remove .invalid and reverse each component for email address)
    > > clpmisc guidelines: <URL:http://www.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc.shtml>- Hide quoted text -

    Why not include - "use Env;" in your program ??? It will pick the
    value correctly..

    sagar gadge, Sep 10, 2007