.net thread pooling problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gary, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Hi,
    I am developing a remote server application. this has to be service
    multiple requests at the same time. This is currently being done using the
    ..Net thread pool.

    I have no problems with upto 25 clients accessing my server. After
    that I get an exception on the server , that the system is "unable to find a
    free thread to complete the requested operation".

    I know that .Net specifies a default setting of 25 worker threads
    and 25 IO threads, these defaults are specified in machine.config. But even
    by changing these parameters I am not being able to move beyond the limit of
    25 simultaneous requests. I have also restarted my system after changing
    these parameters, but there is no change in behaviour. We are also printing
    to console, the number of WorkerThreads and RequestQueue by using
    ThreadPool.GetMaxThreads, but this prints 25 , 25 for both of these even
    after changes to the config file. We have also tried to configure the
    minFreeThreads , minLocalRequestFreeThreads and appRequestQueueLimit, but
    there is no change in behaviour.

    Why is the .Net thread pool not queueing the request if there are no
    free threads available? Is there a way to ensure this happens ? Also, what
    is the method of definitely increasing the thread pool size?

    Note: I am using .Net framework version 1.03.

    Any help would be highly appreciated.

    TIA,

    Gary
    Gary, Aug 7, 2003