.NET WebServices Newbie Compilation Error! (imports adodb)

Adam Short

I am trying to use the ADODB functionality of a legacy ASP RecordSet. Why
you may ask, I have my reason's, I will reply!

I have read all over the Net how easy it is to use Visual Studio to do this,
I do not have this luxury! What are the lines of code I need to use to to
do the equivilent of registering the component?
Compilation Error
to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30466: Namespace or type 'adodb' for the Imports
'adodb' cannot be found.

Source Error:

Line 9: imports system.data
Line 10: imports system.data.odbc
Line 11: imports adodb

Regards

Adam

Manohar Kamath

You will need to add a reference to ADODB library. Do a "Add Reference"..
click on the "COM" tab, and select ADODB library. Hope that helps.

Adam Short

I don't have Visual Studio!!!

Anyway, an adodb.dll file is available for download, by including the
following line of code you can manipulate recordsets

<%@ Assembly name="adodb" %>

Manohar Kamath said:
You will need to add a reference to ADODB library. Do a "Add Reference"..
click on the "COM" tab, and select ADODB library. Hope that helps.

Manohar Kamath

well... you need to first create an interop library for ADODB (I think it is
msado15.dll).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ls/html/cpgrftypelibraryimportertlbimpexe.asp

Doing so, you are creating assemblies that can be "understood" by .NET. They
are mere wrappers that call into the actual COM component.

Second, copy this assembly in your bin folder of Web app. You don't need the
@Assembly directive in that case. Hope that works.

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netWire

Adam Short said:
I don't have Visual Studio!!!

Anyway, an adodb.dll file is available for download, by including the
following line of code you can manipulate recordsets

<%@ Assembly name="adodb" %>

Manohar Kamath

Forgot... MS ships adodb primary interops, check in the folder:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\adodb.dll

Adam Short

Excellent, found it ADOVB.DLL.