Netbeans debugging problem

vl106

Being new to Java programming I encounter problems when debugging
a Java application within Netbeans IDE 4.0. Neither debugging via socket
nor shared memory works. Following the tips from the web the VM params
(set in project properties) should be:

-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_shmem,
server=y,address=javadebug,suspend=n

I receive the error message:

ERROR: JDWP unable to get necessary JVMTI capabilities. ["debugInit.c",L279]
Java Result: 1

What's wrong???

Chris Smith

vl106 said:
Being new to Java programming I encounter problems when debugging
a Java application within Netbeans IDE 4.0. Neither debugging via socket
nor shared memory works. Following the tips from the web the VM params
(set in project properties) should be:

-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_shmem,
server=y,address=javadebug,suspend=n

I receive the error message:

ERROR: JDWP unable to get necessary JVMTI capabilities. ["debugInit.c",L279]
Java Result: 1

JVMTI, huh? Are you using Java 1.5 (aka 5.0)? Are you using the latest
release? The JVMTI is fairly new, so if you've got an old virtual
machine, that may be the problem.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

vl106

Well, all I did was installing a JDK (jdk1.5.0_01) from Sun and hoped things
would fit together.

java -version gives me:
java version "1.5.0_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_01-b08)