netcdf4-python

deadpickle

I'm trying to use the python module "netcdf4-python" to read a netcdf
file. So far I'm trying to do the basics and just open the script:

from netCDF4 import Dataset
rootgrp = Dataset('20060402-201025.netcdf', 'r',
format='NETCDF3_CLASSIC')
print rootgrp.file_format
rootgrp.close()

when I do this I get the exit code error (when I run in Scite):
pythonw -u "netcdf_test.py"
Exit code: -1073741819
or Python stops responding (in windows cmd).

I'm not sure what is wrong so if anyone as any ideas I would gladly
send you the netcdf file to try. Thanks.

Matt Newville

I'm trying to use the python module "netcdf4-python" to read a netcdf
file. So far I'm trying to do the basics and just open the script:

from netCDF4 import Dataset
rootgrp = Dataset('20060402-201025.netcdf', 'r',
format='NETCDF3_CLASSIC')
print rootgrp.file_format
rootgrp.close()

when I do this I get the exit code error (when I run in Scite):

 or Python stops responding (in windows cmd).

I'm not sure what is wrong so if anyone as any ideas I would gladly
send you the netcdf file to try. Thanks.

If the file is really of NetCDF3 format, scipy.io.netcdf should work.
Replace
netCDF4.Dataset(filename,'r',format='NETCDF3_CLASSIC')
with
scipy.io.netcdf.netcdf_open(filename,'r')

--Matt Newville