    Fabian
    Visit my website often and for long periods!
    http://www.lajzar.co.uk
    Fabian, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Fabian

    Chaa006 Guest

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    > It needs to be `clip:rect(0 auto auto 280px)' (without whitespac
    > after
    > the `rect' and with a unit for non-zero lengths) and this i
    > completely
    > off-topic here!]

    To :

    In

    http://tinyurl.com/32nq6

    the text

    "In CSS2, the only valid <shape> value is: rect (<top> <right
    <bottom> <left>)"

    appears. This clearly indicates that white space is permitted (an
    perhaps required)
    between "rect" and the open parenthesis "(". However, Netscape 7.
    does not permit
    white space here, and a note at

    http://tinyurl.com/2l4bm

    from Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

    "It needs to be `clip:rect(0 auto auto 280px)' (without whitespac
    after
    the `rect' ... "

    also indicates that white space is not permitted. Could the W3C pleas
    rule on
    this and indicate whether white space between "rect" and the ope
    parenthesis
    is (a) required, (b) optional, or (c) disallowed. If (c), could
    please ask
    that a future revision change this to (b) [optional]

    Philip Taylor
    Webmaster, Royal Holloway, University of Londo
    -
    Chaa00
    Chaa006, Feb 25, 2004