    It is read in IE but not in Netscape or Firefox any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance
    Andrew S.
    Andrew S., Aug 26, 2004

  2. Andrew S.

    Chris Beall Guest

    Andrew S. wrote:

    > having a problem with Netscape and firefox reading an h1 tag from the style
    > sheet.
    >
    > h1 {
    > font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    > font-size: 100%;
    > font-weight: bold;
    > color: #ff6633
    > }
    >
    > The site is http://bestbuyhomeloans.com
    >
    > It is read in IE but not in Netscape or Firefox any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Andrew S.

    Andrew,

    Looking at your CSS, I see two strange things:
    - It starts with <style type="text/css">. Since you are already in a
    CSS file, this is quite unnecessary. Remove it.
    - You have placed your entire CSS inside HTML comment delimiters <!--
    and -->. This is also quite unnecessary. Remove them.

    After doing both of the above, let us know if things improve (or not).

    Regards,
    Chris Beall
    Chris Beall, Aug 26, 2004

  3. David Dorward, Aug 26, 2004
  4. Andrew S.

    Andrew S. Guest

    "David Dorward" <> wrote in message
    > Andrew S. wrote:
    >
    >> having a problem with Netscape and firefox reading an h1 tag from the
    >> style sheet.

    > http://diveintomark.org/archives/2003/05/05/why_we_wont_help_you
    > http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...g=2&uri=http://bestbuyhomeloans.com/site2.css

    > Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    OK I guess my eyes are getting foggy just found it after looking at it
    scratching my head for an hour though it had something to do with Netscape.

    Just didn't catch it!
    Sometimes you just don't see something right in fount of you sticking out
    like a sour thumb, If it was a sneak it would have bit me!

    Thanks to all `;-}

    Andrew S.
    Andrew S., Aug 26, 2004