    attempting to access files on a network drive, the files appear
    un-available. Is this due to the version of access routines <stdio> ?
    Thanks - Mike B.
    mikeb, Aug 28, 2006

  2. mikeb

    mlimber Guest

    mikeb wrote:
    > I am using VIsual 6 C++ with older style C access routines. When
    > attempting to access files on a network drive, the files appear
    > un-available. Is this due to the version of access routines <stdio> ?

    Doubtful, but you should ask on a group that deals with Microsoft
    products (see the list at
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9).

    BTW, there is no <stdio>. There is <cstdio> and <stdio.h>, however.

    Cheers! --M
    mlimber, Aug 28, 2006

  3. mikeb

    Bart Guest

    mikeb wrote:
    > I am using VIsual 6 C++ with older style C access routines. When
    > attempting to access files on a network drive, the files appear
    > un-available. Is this due to the version of access routines <stdio> ?
    > Thanks - Mike B.

    There is no fundamental difference between the C standard IO and C++ IO
    streams in the VC++ implementation. In fact they are both implemented
    using the same code base. If you screwed up something in your
    implementation's libraries then that's another story. In any case, the
    problem is most certainly not a C++ language issue, so you should
    rather ask in a MS newsgroup.

    Regards,
    Bart.
    Bart, Aug 28, 2006