New browser window

tma

First, I'm following instructions without truly understanding them, so go
easy on me... :)

I am exporting a report to .PDF. Below is a code snippet. What I would like
is for a new IE instance to be launched with the .pdf instead of the current
IE window/aspx page. (My real problem is the window with which I am viewing
the pdf does not go back to the page that launched the export but rather the
page prior to it!) What do I need to change below to accomplish this?

crReport.Export()

Response.ClearContent()

Response.ClearHeaders()

Response.WriteFile(Fname)

Response.Flush()

Response.Close()

Thanks!

Craig Deelsnyder

First, I'm following instructions without truly understanding them, so go
easy on me... :)

I am exporting a report to .PDF. Below is a code snippet. What I would like
is for a new IE instance to be launched with the .pdf instead of the current
IE window/aspx page. (My real problem is the window with which I am viewing
the pdf does not go back to the page that launched the export but rather the
page prior to it!) What do I need to change below to accomplish this?

crReport.Export()

Response.ClearContent()

Response.ClearHeaders()

Response.WriteFile(Fname)

Response.Flush()

Response.Close()

Thanks!

Looks like you have the pdf in a file at some point? And I assume you
are showing us part of a script, just before this you exported the
file....Just open a popup window via Javascript pointing at the url of
the PDF document:

http://www.codeguru.com/Csharp/.NET/net_asp/scripting/article.php/c5337/

if you are storing the file outside of the webserver, then you would
want to popup a window pointed at an aspx page containing just the logic
above.

Note you can alternatively just put a link to the pdf with
target="_blank" if this export/view is a 2step process instead of all at
once.