    development effort. Currently we have positions at all levels from
    seasoned architects to university students.

    To participate feel free to write to
    Jess, Jan 25, 2008

  2. Jess

    derek Guest

    On 01/25/2008 at 14:44:22, Jess <> wrote:

    > We are writing an MDA tool - witchcraft to generate complete
    > enterprise application code with crud, search, security,web page flow,
    > handheld access, web services etc from a UML 1.4 / 2 model.
    > Development is all new and very intriguing as we have just started
    > implementation. Currently we are writing code generation for
    > enterprise apps that would use JPA, spring 2, hibernate, JSF1.2 with
    > richfaces, Acegi, Quartz, JBPM and Lucene. Maven is used for building
    > and generating reports.
    > Please do contact us regardless of level of experience/expertise you
    > have in Java programming as mentoring is a core part of this
    > development effort. Currently we have positions at all levels from
    > seasoned architects to university students.

    Why do i want to write code for you?
    Whats my motivation here????

    ..
    THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    derek, Jan 25, 2008

  3. Jess

    Jess Guest

    This is an open source project - once completed we will provide
    commercial support and training which would generate money for all
    contributors .

    check the details at witchcraft.sourceforge.net

    Jess, Jan 25, 2008
  4. Jess wrote:

    > We are writing an MDA tool - witchcraft to generate complete
    > enterprise application code with crud, search, security,web page flow,
    > handheld access, web services etc from a UML 1.4 / 2 model.
    >
    > Development is all new and very intriguing as we have just started
    > implementation. Currently we are writing code generation for
    > enterprise apps that would use JPA, spring 2, hibernate, JSF1.2 with
    > richfaces, Acegi, Quartz, JBPM and Lucene. Maven is used for building
    > and generating reports.
    >
    > Please do contact us regardless of level of experience/expertise you
    > have in Java programming as mentoring is a core part of this
    > development effort. Currently we have positions at all levels from
    > seasoned architects to university students.
    >
    > To participate feel free to write to

    Can you write something about what have you done already?
    Can you convince us that the project will be successful?
    How many programmers have been participating already?
    Can you point similar MDA tools - sth that could be used to compare your
    current efforts and future plans?

    Many links at your site don't work.

    --
    Pozdrawiam,
    J.W.
    Jacek Wojciechowski, Jan 26, 2008
  5. Jess

    Jess Guest

    Jacek thanks for your interest,

    I apologize for the links not working, as it stands now you can do
    the following:

    Generate Spring 2.0 beans, hibernate + JPA persitence layer, JSF &
    Rich faces View with Crud and Search, Web services using cxf,'
    Acegi security, jasper reports, mail etc are partially implemented.

    You can see a tutorial aimed at end users at

    http://witchcraftmda.wikispaces.com/gettingStartedForUsers

    Right now there are about 5 active committers for this project.

    I have used AndroMDA myself and found lots of things lagging - our
    motto is to generate as much code as you could and provide room for
    tweaking. Also we want to be big on Design by contract - i.e.
    robustness built into the model itself.
    Jess, Jan 26, 2008
  6. Jess wrote:

    > Generate Spring 2.0 beans, hibernate + JPA persitence layer, JSF &
    > Rich faces View with Crud and Search, Web services using cxf,'
    > Acegi security, jasper reports, mail etc are partially implemented.
    >
    > You can see a tutorial aimed at end users at
    >
    > http://witchcraftmda.wikispaces.com/gettingStartedForUsers
    >
    > Right now there are about 5 active committers for this project.
    >
    > I have used AndroMDA myself and found lots of things lagging - our
    > motto is to generate as much code as you could and provide room for
    > tweaking. Also we want to be big on Design by contract - i.e.
    > robustness built into the model itself.

    Well, I will try it in next few weeks (out of free time right now).
    And I might join the team. I will let you know.

    To be honest, I've been lacking such MDA tool, so I do really appreciate
    your efforts.

    --
    Regards
    J.W.