new open source MDA project Witchcraft- generate 80% of app code

Jess

We are writing an MDA tool - witchcraft to generate complete
enterprise application code with crud, search, security,web page flow,
handheld access, web services etc from a UML 1.4 / 2 model.

Development is all new and very intriguing as we have just started
implementation. Currently we are writing code generation for
enterprise apps that would use JPA, spring 2, hibernate, JSF1.2 with
richfaces, Acegi, Quartz, JBPM and Lucene. Maven is used for building
and generating reports.

Please do contact us regardless of level of experience/expertise you
have in Java programming as mentoring is a core part of this
development effort. Currently we have positions at all levels from
seasoned architects to university students.

To participate feel free to write to (e-mail address removed)

derek

We are writing an MDA tool - witchcraft to generate complete
enterprise application code with crud, search, security,web page flow,
handheld access, web services etc from a UML 1.4 / 2 model.
Development is all new and very intriguing as we have just started
implementation. Currently we are writing code generation for
enterprise apps that would use JPA, spring 2, hibernate, JSF1.2 with
richfaces, Acegi, Quartz, JBPM and Lucene. Maven is used for building
and generating reports.
Please do contact us regardless of level of experience/expertise you
have in Java programming as mentoring is a core part of this
development effort. Currently we have positions at all levels from
seasoned architects to university students.

Why do i want to write code for you?
Whats my motivation here????

..
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Jess

This is an open source project - once completed we will provide
commercial support and training which would generate money for all
contributors .

check the details at witchcraft.sourceforge.net

Jacek Wojciechowski

Jess said:
We are writing an MDA tool - witchcraft to generate complete
enterprise application code with crud, search, security,web page flow,
handheld access, web services etc from a UML 1.4 / 2 model.

Development is all new and very intriguing as we have just started
implementation. Currently we are writing code generation for
enterprise apps that would use JPA, spring 2, hibernate, JSF1.2 with
richfaces, Acegi, Quartz, JBPM and Lucene. Maven is used for building
and generating reports.

Please do contact us regardless of level of experience/expertise you
have in Java programming as mentoring is a core part of this
development effort. Currently we have positions at all levels from
seasoned architects to university students.

To participate feel free to write to (e-mail address removed)

Can you write something about what have you done already?
Can you convince us that the project will be successful?
How many programmers have been participating already?
Can you point similar MDA tools - sth that could be used to compare your
current efforts and future plans?

Many links at your site don't work.

Jess

Jacek thanks for your interest,

I apologize for the links not working, as it stands now you can do
the following:

Generate Spring 2.0 beans, hibernate + JPA persitence layer, JSF &
Rich faces View with Crud and Search, Web services using cxf,'
Acegi security, jasper reports, mail etc are partially implemented.

You can see a tutorial aimed at end users at

http://witchcraftmda.wikispaces.com/gettingStartedForUsers

Right now there are about 5 active committers for this project.

I have used AndroMDA myself and found lots of things lagging - our
motto is to generate as much code as you could and provide room for
tweaking. Also we want to be big on Design by contract - i.e.
robustness built into the model itself.

Jacek Wojciechowski

Jess said:
Generate Spring 2.0 beans, hibernate + JPA persitence layer, JSF &
Rich faces View with Crud and Search, Web services using cxf,'
Acegi security, jasper reports, mail etc are partially implemented.

You can see a tutorial aimed at end users at

http://witchcraftmda.wikispaces.com/gettingStartedForUsers

Right now there are about 5 active committers for this project.

I have used AndroMDA myself and found lots of things lagging - our
motto is to generate as much code as you could and provide room for
tweaking. Also we want to be big on Design by contract - i.e.
robustness built into the model itself.

Well, I will try it in next few weeks (out of free time right now).
And I might join the team. I will let you know.

To be honest, I've been lacking such MDA tool, so I do really appreciate
your efforts.