New package for low-level network socket access

Discussion in 'Java' started by Kaszeta, Oct 4, 2007.

  1. Kaszeta

    Kaszeta Guest

    Creare, Inc. is pleased to announce that we're releasing our
    internally developed JavaSock API for reading and writing packets at
    the IP, TCP, and ethernet frame levels (including some support for
    802.11 radio packets on certain hardware) as Open Source software
    under the Apache Version 2.0 license.

    JavaSock provides a combination Java API and native code library
    allowing Java programs to manipulate raw network packets through a
    consistent and secure interface. The API supports applications
    including packet filtering and packet sniffing.

    This release of Javasock includes the API, native code libraries for
    Win32 and Linux, and several demonstration applications implemented
    using the library.

    The Win32 support is release quality. The Linux support is still
    beta.

    Demonstration applications include:

    1. A command line ping client implemented using JavaSock
    2. A command line NetCat client that implements a netcat-like utility
    written using JavaSock
    3. JSScan, a GUI-based port scanning utility
    4. JSSniff, a GUI-Based traffic-sniffing utility

    The complete distribution is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/javasock/

    Richard Kaszeta
    Creare, Inc.

    Kaszeta, Oct 4, 2007