    I would be thankful for any help

    Regards

    EZ

    Evgeny Zoldin, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Evgeny Zoldin

    Greg Burns Guest

    Maybe you have to assign a new Product Code GUID for you new setup project?
    Check the properties of your root setup project node.

    To get a new GUID: Tools->Create GUID (or just click on ellipsis button
    beside current GUID in Product Code property of setup project)

    Just a guess,
    Greg

    Greg Burns, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Thank you for your advice, but they were assigned as new automaticaly when I
    changed version of Setup project

    Evgeny Zoldin, Jul 5, 2004
  4. Evgeny,

    It could be the ProjectGUID in the vbProject (.vbproj) file. Whenever you
    copy a project and rename it the actual ProjectGUID does not change.

    To change the ProjectGUID you can ecit the .vbproj file in your project
    folder. Here is a snipit of what this file looks like:

    <VisualStudioProject>
    <VisualBasic
    ProjectType = "Local"
    ProductVersion = "7.10.3077"
    SchemaVersion = "2.0"
    ProjectGuid = "{00E782DC-3843-47EB-B48B-E835B7EA4D58}"

    When you copy a project and change the names you should ALWAYS set a new
    ProjectGUID. If you don't and you try to put the new project into a
    solution with the old project, Visual Studio will exhibit very unusual
    behavior.

    -Sam Matzen

    Samuel L Matzen, Jul 5, 2004
  5. Thank you Samuel,