    other page thro' Redirect method, but i am getting old
    session id in the navigated page.
    How to get new session variable in navigated page
    Naina Mohamed, Dec 24, 2003

  2. The Abandon method terminates a user session, destroys all the objects in
    the current Session object, and releases its resources. But sessionid can be
    recycled for same user, so it is very much possible to get the same
    sessionid.

    --
    Saravana
    Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

    Saravana [MVP], Dec 24, 2003

  3. Naina Mohamed

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    >But sessionid can be recycled for same user, so it is very much possible to
    get the same
    >sessionid.

    No. it's highly unlikely that this recycling would happen because session id
    is 120 bits,
    each character being assigned randomly by the random number generator.

    You are partly correct but the reason for this oddity is entirely different.
    After session abandonment or timeout the session id is maintained for as
    long as the browser session is current. The implication is that the same
    session id is being reused. This is by design for efficiency reasons so that
    multiple sessions can
    be serviced without need to regenerate a session id.

    Why do you want a new session id? You can tell that this is not easy to do
    without closing the browser
    which i suspect is not an optimal solution for you. Maybe if you explained
    what it is you were wanting to achieve then perhaps a better approach might
    evolve.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney