New TableItemStyle property

Wes

I need to add a new property to <TableItemStyle> of the <BoundColumn>
tags of a DataGrid. I have no idea how. I am a Java coder of many
years thrown into C# and ASP.NET two weeks ago. I have derived a new
class 'ReportGrid' from DataGrid that does things like totals, column
sorts and multi-line headers. I'd like to alter TableItemStyle in
order to add a property that defines the type of total for specific
columns (count, sum, avg, etc.) A requirement of ReportGrid is
AutoGenerateCOlumns=false. First, I don't know how to get the HTML
<BoundColumn> to use an overridden <ItemStyle> tag. Is it as easy as
creating a new style class and changing the HTML tag? Or do I have to
create a new BoundColumn calss also?

Any/All help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Wes