new TLDs and extended domain names.

Arne Vajhøj

Roedy said:
I defend my post on the following grounds.

1. it is news relevant to all Java programmers.

That does not make it on topic.
2. there is very little traffic in comp.lang.java.*. It will die
completely if there is not a steady trickle of interesting bits to
discuss.

There is a lot of traffic in the Java groups. cljp seems rather
constant on 3000-5000 posts per months.
3.. The Java-specific question is, what does this mean for Java coding
and existing coding?

Support was added in Java 1.6 via the IDN class - discussion about
that is going to be very brief - there are not much beef.
4. The key feature of Java is multi-platform, multi-national,
multi-lingual. . That is Java's niche. The new domain encoding is a
piece of information crucial to that core functionality.

5. If I didn't mention it here, it is highly unlikely the majority of
Java coders would stumble on it elsewhere within the next month or so.
I am speaking to a community. Spamming is telling them things of no
relevance. That is not what I did.

If they need to know then they would have found out otherwise.
6. There is so much true spam on the newsgroups, it seems funny to
make MORE fuss about something in the grey area.

That I agree with !!!!

Arne

Roedy Green

That does not make it on topic.

I did you a favour by passing on information that you seemed to find
important. Then you repeatedly slapped my face as though I had
deliberately tried to harm you.

Get Stuffed you little shit!

I am plonking you. I have had it with your pettiness.

Gordon Beaton

1. it is news relevant to all Java programmers.

Your standard excuse for being off topic. Similarly global warming,
world politics, cost of living and other things are also relevant to
Java programmers, however ethat doesn't make them on topic.
2. there is very little traffic in comp.lang.java.*. It will die
completely if there is not a steady trickle of interesting bits to
discuss.

An increase in off topic posts only serves to exacerbate a steadily
falling signal to noise ratio. It isn't volume that makes the group
interesting.
6. There is so much true spam on the newsgroups, it seems funny to
make MORE fuss about something in the grey area.

There is already lots of garbage on the sidewalk, what difference does
it make if I add just a little to it?

/gordon

Lew

Roedy said:
I did you a favour by passing on information that you seemed to find
important. Then you repeatedly slapped my face as though I had
deliberately tried to harm you.

Get Stuffed you little shit!

I am plonking you. I have had it with your pettiness.

Between this post and your "retarded prick" remark, I have to replonk you.
These posts were beneath you, Roedy.

--
Lew

[NWO, degenerate, Zionism, racism, fascistm, genocide,
Illuminati, Freemason]

This address of Rabbinovich was published in the U.S. Publication
'Common Sense', and re-published in the September issue of the
Canadian Intelligence Service. Rabbi Rabbinovich speaking to an
assembly in Budapest, Hungary on the 12th January 1952 stated:

"We will openly reveal our identity with the races of Asia or Africa.
I can state with assurance that the last generation of white children
is now being born. Our control commission will, in the interests of
peace and wiping out inter-racial tensions, forbid the Whites to mate
with Whites.

The white women must co-habit with members of the dark races, the
White man with black women. Thus the White race will disappear,
for mixing the dark with the white means the end of the White Man,
and our most dangerous enemy will become only a memory.

We shall embark upon an era of ten thousand years of peace and
plenty, the Pax Judiaca, and OUR RACE will rule undisputed over
the world.

Our superior intelligence will enable us to retain mastery over a
world of dark peoples."

[Read a mind boggling article on degeneracy:
]

Arne Vajhøj

Roedy said:
You can be an insufferable prick at times.

Because I don't think discussion of TLD's are
on topic in c.l.j.p ?

I guess that would make a lot of pricks around here ...

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Roedy said:
I did you a favour by passing on information that you seemed to find
important. Then you repeatedly slapped my face as though I had
deliberately tried to harm you.

Get Stuffed you little shit!

I am plonking you. I have had it with your pettiness.

My loss is rather insignificant.

Arne

PS: Why is it that I have the feeling that you as usual
only read the top of the post before you replied ?

ShelaWalli
Top