New to Python, Help to get script working?

rusi

I am sorry if the way I posted messages was incorrect. Like I said, I am new to google groups and python quite a bit but i am trying to do things correctly by you guys. The errors that I am getting were not necessarily posting traceback messages.

Thats better -- thanks

You still need to go through
https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython

See the length of your "I am sorry..." line above

Dennis Lee Bieber

If i just try to double click the script, i get an index error, i can barely see the window it disappears so fast, but thats what I see.

PLEASE PLEASE find a different client than Google Groups AND learn to
trim quotes to just the relevant portion...

You just did a sequence of replying to yourself three times (four
posts)... And to the rest of the world that does not use Google Groups,
each reply doubled in size (plus your new text). To wit:

208 lines (first post in sequence)
418 lines (double the 208 and a 2 line additional comment)
840 lines (double the 418 and a 4 line comment)
1682 lines (double the 840 and a mere 2 line added comment)

Mark

I am sorry, using google groups i cant tell what you see...
Anyways, I guess i will just make lots of lines instead of long sentences?

How about this, the first person that can get this to work for me...
I will paypal them 20 dollars for helping me.
I just want to get this thing up and going.
Ive posted where i am having trouble and got 2 replies talking about spacing...
and not fixing any issues or giving advice.

Either that or somebody who thinks they might be able to help, can you plz reply?

Thanks again

Mark

rusi

I am sorry, using google groups i cant tell what you see...
Anyways, I guess i will just make lots of lines instead of long sentences?
How about this, the first person that can get this to work for me...
I will paypal them 20 dollars for helping me.
I just want to get this thing up and going.
Ive posted where i am having trouble and got 2 replies talking about spacing...
and not fixing any issues or giving advice.
Either that or somebody who thinks they might be able to help, can you plz reply?

I believe you were given a suggestion by Steven on posting a traceback
Did you follow that? (Genuine question!!)
Because if you did and it got lost in the characteristic 'GG-crap' you would
not know that it had been 'crapified' by GG and others would not know that
there was anything to read in the mess.

So... assuming youve understood the following:

1. Read and follow https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython
2. Read and follow Steven's advice on how to ask help especially regarding errors
3. Try to minimize external links to code especially small snippets

maybe best to just start a new thread???

Rick Johnson

Thanks for the reply, the answer is yes and no, i already
have about 2400 followers and half mil views, i just
wanted to see if i could get it to work.

That's like a serial spammer saying """I already have 2400
spam bots and half a million victims but i just want to get
my latest bot working for "academic" purposes only. *wink*"""

Listen Mark, it's obvious you don't have any coding or
debugging skills and all you want to do is employ this app
for your own fraudulent purposes, so with that in mind:

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Joel Goldstick

That's like a serial spammer saying """I already have 2400
spam bots and half a million victims but i just want to get
my latest bot working for "academic" purposes only. *wink*"""

Listen Mark, it's obvious you don't have any coding or
debugging skills and all you want to do is employ this app
for your own fraudulent purposes, so with that in mind:

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

I'm kinda with Rick on this thread. A guy walks along with a name like
markshizzle, offers $20 to make his 'thing' work, and proudly admits he
doesn't want to know how the program works, he just wants it to work. I
don't think this is the right place for you markshizzle. This is a place
for people who are interested in improving their python skills, and asking
question after they have done there best to learn on their own first.
$20? .. as they used to say on "are you being served': go boil your head

Mark

Actually i live stream nearly everyday for 2 years,
the problem with twitch is that the more "popular" people get first dibs
and get treated better, have better perks, and all of that...
Its all based on your initial viewer count, 90% of viewers just click
the top video.
All my views and numbers are based on me streaming for over 2 years.

Anyways, I wasnt trying to cause trouble,
i did post what happened when i ran the program.
There was no traceback error,
Here is my post from 2 days ago:

Now in that directory in cmd, i type in python twitch.py 10 10.
When i do this I get "thread error" posting infinitely down my cmd prompt.
So it looks like the program is actually running now, just some im possibly missing?
Once again I do have pip and livestreamer installed and the exact py file i have is located here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/3m10s9rwvatxd96/twitch.py

Yes i do want it to work, and i would offer money to somebody who would
actually help me, if it helped me to make it work faster.
Is there not one person that can help a guy out?

Mark