New Wordpress download

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Michael Yardley, Apr 3, 2012.

  1. http://www.seoliverpoolwirral.com/2012/01/

    brand new wordpress down load,using w3 validator http://validator.w3.org/
    shows these errors in the php code. while checking this document as
    HTML5!
    Result: 3 Errors, 1 warning(s)

    Validation Output: 3 Errors

    1. Error Line 76, Column 209: Attribute pubdate not allowed on
    element time at this point.

    …me="2012-01-04T00:54:03+00:00" pubdate>January 4, 2012</time></
    a><span class="…

    Attributes for element time:
    Global attributes
    datetime

    2. Error Line 88, Column 210: Bad value category tag for attribute
    rel on element a: Keyword category is not registered.

    …View all posts in Uncategorized" rel="category
    tag">Uncategorized</a> </span>

    Syntax of link type valid for <a> and <area>:
    A whitespace-separated list of link types listed as allowed
    on <a> and <area> in the HTML specification or listed as an allowed on
    <a> and <area> on the Microformats wiki without duplicate keywords in
    the list. You can register link types on the Microformats wiki
    yourself.

    3. Error Line 127, Column 102: Bad value generator for attribute
    rel on element a: Keyword generator is not registered.

    …ersonal Publishing Platform" rel="generator">Proudly powered by
    WordPress</a>

    Syntax of link type valid for <a> and <area>:
    A whitespace-separated list of link types listed as allowed
    on <a> and <area> in the HTML specification or listed as an allowed on
    <a> and <area> on the Microformats wiki without duplicate keywords in
    the list. You can register link types on the Microformats wiki
    yourself.

    Do you have correct these errors to get a validating site or you just
    ignore them?

    PHP HTML not the same right? Can you use this validator for PHP

    PHP Server-side HTML embedded scripting language. It provides web
    developers with a full suite of tools for building dynamic websites:
    native APIs to Apache and ...

    HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language; HTML is not a programming
    language, it is a markup language; A markup language is a set of
    markup tags ...

    Michael Yardley, Apr 3, 2012

  2. Michael Yardley

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 04:29:04 -0700 (PDT), Michael Yardley wrote:

    > http://www.seoliverpoolwirral.com/2012/01/
    >
    > brand new wordpress down load,using w3 validator http://validator.w3.org/
    > shows these errors in the php code. while checking this document as
    > HTML5!
    > Result: 3 Errors, 1 warning(s)
    >
    > Validation Output: 3 Errors
    >
    > 1. Error Line 76, Column 209: Attribute pubdate not allowed on
    > element time at this point.
    >
    > ¡Kme="2012-01-04T00:54:03+00:00" pubdate>January 4, 2012</time></
    > a><span class="¡K
    >
    > Attributes for element time:
    > Global attributes
    > datetime
    >
    > 2. Error Line 88, Column 210: Bad value category tag for attribute
    > rel on element a: Keyword category is not registered.
    >
    > ¡KView all posts in Uncategorized" rel="category
    > tag">Uncategorized</a> </span>
    >
    > Syntax of link type valid for <a> and <area>:
    > A whitespace-separated list of link types listed as allowed
    > on <a> and <area> in the HTML specification or listed as an allowed on
    > <a> and <area> on the Microformats wiki without duplicate keywords in
    > the list. You can register link types on the Microformats wiki
    > yourself.
    >
    > 3. Error Line 127, Column 102: Bad value generator for attribute
    > rel on element a: Keyword generator is not registered.
    >
    > ¡Kersonal Publishing Platform" rel="generator">Proudly powered by
    > WordPress</a>
    >
    > Syntax of link type valid for <a> and <area>:
    > A whitespace-separated list of link types listed as allowed
    > on <a> and <area> in the HTML specification or listed as an allowed on
    > <a> and <area> on the Microformats wiki without duplicate keywords in
    > the list. You can register link types on the Microformats wiki
    > yourself.
    >
    > Do you have correct these errors to get a validating site or you just
    > ignore them?
    >
    > PHP HTML not the same right? Can you use this validator for PHP
    >
    > PHP Server-side HTML embedded scripting language. It provides web
    > developers with a full suite of tools for building dynamic websites:
    > native APIs to Apache and ...
    >
    > HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language; HTML is not a programming
    > language, it is a markup language; A markup language is a set of
    > markup tags ...

    don't use the validator for checking php coding!
    It only checks for html based on the document type.

    php is a high end scripting language which generates html.
    check the output page, not the script page.

    richard, Apr 3, 2012

  3. On Apr 3, 1:32 pm, richard <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 04:29:04 -0700 (PDT), Michael Yardley wrote:
    > >http://www.seoliverpoolwirral.com/2012/01/

    > > brand new wordpress down load,using w3 validatorhttp://validator.w3.org/
    > > shows these errors in the php code.  while checking this document as
    > > HTML5!
    > > Result:    3 Errors, 1 warning(s)

    > > Validation Output: 3 Errors

    > >    1. Error Line 76, Column 209: Attribute pubdate not allowed on
    > > element time at this point.

    > >       …me="2012-01-04T00:54:03+00:00" pubdate>January 4, 2012</time></
    > > a><span class="…

    > >       Attributes for element time:
    > >           Global attributes
    > >           datetime

    > >    2. Error Line 88, Column 210: Bad value category tag for attribute
    > > rel on element a: Keyword category is not registered.

    > >       …View all posts in Uncategorized" rel="category
    > > tag">Uncategorized</a>                       </span>

    > >       Syntax of link type valid for <a> and <area>:
    > >           A whitespace-separated list of link types listed asallowed
    > > on <a> and <area> in the HTML specification or listed as an allowed on
    > > <a> and <area> on the Microformats wiki without duplicate keywords in
    > > the list. You can register link types on the Microformats wiki
    > > yourself.

    > >    3. Error Line 127, Column 102: Bad value generator for attribute
    > > rel on element a: Keyword generator is not registered.

    > >       …ersonal Publishing Platform" rel="generator">Proudly powered by
    > > WordPress</a>

    > >       Syntax of link type valid for <a> and <area>:
    > >           A whitespace-separated list of link types listed asallowed
    > > on <a> and <area> in the HTML specification or listed as an allowed on
    > > <a> and <area> on the Microformats wiki without duplicate keywords in
    > > the list. You can register link types on the Microformats wiki
    > > yourself.

    > > Do you have correct these errors to get a validating site or you just
    > > ignore them?

    > > PHP HTML not the same right? Can you use this validator for PHP

    > > PHP Server-side HTML embedded scripting language. It provides web
    > > developers with a full suite of tools for building dynamic websites:
    > > native APIs to Apache and ...

    > > HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language; HTML is not a programming
    > > language, it is a markup language; A markup language is a set of
    > > markup tags ...

    > don't use the validator for checking php coding!
    > It only checks for html based on the document type.
    >
    > php is a high end scripting language which generates html.
    > check the output page, not the script page.

    thanks

    Michael Yardley, Apr 3, 2012
  4. 2012-04-03 14:29, Michael Yardley wrote:

    > http://www.seoliverpoolwirral.com/2012/01/
    >
    > brand new wordpress down load,

    January 2012 isn’t that brand new.

    > using w3 validator http://validator.w3.org/
    > shows these errors in the php code.

    No, it issues error messages and warnings about the HTML document that
    was submitted to it.

    > while checking this document as
    > HTML5!
    > Result: 3 Errors, 1 warning(s)

    The warning is “Using experimental feature: HTML5 Conformance Checker.”

    > 1. Error Line 76, Column 209: Attribute pubdate not allowed on
    > element time at this point.

    This is unintentionally funny. I won’t try to explain why it says “at
    this point” (it’s complicated), but it unintentionally reflects what the
    warning says: HTML5 is a moving target, so at this point in time the
    attribute is not allowed (it was dropped from HTML drafts some months ago).

    > 2. Error Line 88, Column 210: Bad value category tag for attribute
    > rel on element a: Keyword category is not registered.

    This reflects the idea that rel attribute values should be registered in
    a wiki, otherwise they are treated as errors. Funny too, isn’t it? Don’t
    bother trying to register it. If someone should spend his time on such
    things, it’s the people who invented the particular value. They should
    explain what it means etc.

    > 3. Error Line 127, Column 102: Bad value generator for attribute
    > rel on element a: Keyword generator is not registered.

    Ditto.

    > Do you have correct these errors to get a validating site or you just
    > ignore them?

    Why would you need a validating site? If you do, don’t expect to get it
    without actually correcting the errors (and being prepared to monitor
    changes in HTML5 and taking actions when needed).

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Apr 4, 2012