Newb trying to run chatAI generated program

Joined
Dec 27, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
How to make this program run? I dont know how to declare the input file (.pgn) location and where to find the output file (.mxl)

import pgn
import mxl

def parse_pgn_to_mxl(pgn_file, mxl_file):
# parse the pgn file into a chess game object
game = pgn.read_game(pgn_file)

# create a new mxl document
doc = mxl.Document()

# get the moves from the game
moves = game.main_line()

# iterate through the moves and add them to the mxl document
for move in moves:
# create a new mxl measure for each move
measure = mxl.Measure()

# add the move notation to the measure as a chord
chord = mxl.Chord(move.uci())
measure.add(chord)

# add the measure to the document
doc.add(measure)

# write the mxl document to the output file
with open(mxl_file, 'w') as f:
doc.write(f)

# example usage: parse a pgn file named 'game.pgn' to an mxl file named 'game.mxl'
parse_pgn_to_mxl('game.pgn', 'game.mxl')

Joined
Jan 8, 2023
Messages
27
Reaction score
2
Python:
parse_pgn_to_mxl('game.pgn', 'game.mxl')

This will parse the PGN file at the specified path and create an MXL file with the same name in the same directory. The MXL file will contain the chess moves from the PGN file represented as chords using UCI notation.

Joined
Jan 6, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Correct, This program will take the PGN file located at the given path, convert it into UCI notation, and create an MXL file in the same directory with the same name as the PGN file. The MXL file will contain the chess moves from the original PGN file represented as chords.