newbee question 2

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Ross, Sep 27, 2005.

  1. Ross

    Ross Guest

    Hi,

    I want to refresh/reload the current page but I want to use the same code on
    every page on the site so instead of changing the line in every page

    location = 'test.php';
    location = 'test2.php';
    location = 'test3.php';
    location = 'test4.php';

    etc.

    I want a single line that will just do it no matter what the page is named.

    R.

    Ross, Sep 27, 2005

  2. Ross

    Erwin Moller Guest

    Ross wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to refresh/reload the current page but I want to use the same code
    > on every page on the site so instead of changing the line in every page
    >
    > location = 'test.php';
    > location = 'test2.php';
    > location = 'test3.php';
    > location = 'test4.php';
    >
    > etc.
    >
    > I want a single line that will just do it no matter what the page is
    > named.
    >
    > R.

    Hi Ross,

    That is much clearer. :)

    Try location.reload(true);

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller
    Erwin Moller, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Ross

    ASM Guest

    Ross a écrit :
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to refresh/reload the current page but I want to use the same code on
    > every page on the site so instead of changing the line in every page
    >
    > location = 'test.php';
    > location = 'test2.php';
    > location = 'test3.php';
    > location = 'test4.php';
    >
    > etc.
    >
    > I want a single line that will just do it no matter what the page is named.

    and (once more) what is suposed to do your php ?

    location = "test.php?test='+self.location;

    will send url of active page as value of a variable 'test'
    attached to your php's url

    then in your test.php
    by a php http_request (or something else like that, see a php ng)
    you get url of page loaded
    after ... what you'll do with that info ... no sè ...

    ASM, Sep 27, 2005
  4. Ross

    Lee Guest

    Ross said:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I want to refresh/reload the current page

    So why didn't you title this post "Refresh/reload current page" ?

    That way, somebody coming along after you, looking for information
    about refreshing the current page would know that they might find
    an answer in this thread.

    There are also many people who choose to ignore posts that don't
    give some hint about the topic in the subject line.
    Lee, Sep 27, 2005