newbee question about how to start..

EMW

I have managed to create a page with some buttons on it.
I want to create some little animation to those buttons, like just after the
page is opened in IE, the user sees the buttons move from a corner to a
specific position... (i now it's lame, but...)

If I open the text part of the ASPX file, I see the page class and the
Page_Load event.
But how can I start a procedure that will move those buttons, after the
page has loaded?

rg,
Eric

Marina

You can't do that on the server.

If you want the user to see the buttons move around the screen, you will
need to write client side code.

EMW

thanks!
Not what I was hoping for.. ;)

Marina said:
You can't do that on the server.

If you want the user to see the buttons move around the screen, you will
need to write client side code.

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

Thats how the web works. The server can only generate the output that the
browser renders - it cant do anyhting with the output once its delivered to
the client.

Look at the registerstartupscript methods in asp.net to work out how you
would render the javascript required.

--
Regards

John Timney