Newbie Cookie Question

joe slash blow

I have a html web page that has 3 inputs, 2 are text based, 1 password
based.
I have a cookie that gets set when the submit button is pressed that stores
the 2 text fields.
Problem is that when the page is reopened the data isn't being read from the
cookie and put back into the fields for me. The cookie is valid until 2010.
I can't seem to find a help page that shows how to get the data from the
cookie into the input fields so the web page viewer that filled out the page
will only need to put in a password on subsequent visits to the page...
Does anyone know of a page that has any examples showing multiple text
fields being propagated with a single cookie's data??
Or could someone here help PLEASE? TIA.
Here's my code:
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Log In For Request</TITLE>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT">
<!--
function LoadCookie(form) {
xxx = document.cookie;
var clen = document.cookie.length;
if (clen <= 0) {
return
}
domainoffset= xxx.indexOf("user_domain=");
user_idoffset= xxx.indexOf("user_id=");

document.forms[0].user_domain.value=xxx.substring(user_domainoffset+3,user_i
doffset);
document.forms[0].user_id.value=xxx.substring(user_idoffset+255);
}

//-->
</SCRIPT>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" onload="LoadCookie('Request')">
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT">
<!--
function populateDomain(form) {
form.user_domain.value = form.user_domain.value
}
function populateUserID(form) {
form.user_id.value = form.user_id.value
}
function SetCookie(name,form) {
document.cookie = name +
"user_domain=" + form.user_domain.value +
"user_id=" + form.user_id.value +
";expires=Friday, 31-Dec-2010 23:59:59 GMT" + "; path=/"
}
function modify(change) {
if (document.forms[0].change.selectedIndex == "1") { open("request.htm")
//--->
</SCRIPT>

<FORM name="request" METHOD="POST" >
Domain: <INPUT type="text" name="user_domain" size="40" maxlength="3"
onchange="SetCookie('Request',this.form)">
UserID: <INPUT type="text" name="useri_d" size="40" maxlength="254"
onchange="SetCookie('Request',this.form)">>
Password: <INPUT type="password" name="password" size="40" maxlength="8">
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>

#! rnews 2561
Newsgroups: rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
From: "default" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Question regarding Tom Barr method
Sender: (e-mail address removed) (Boeing NNTP News Access)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:38:58 GMT

Tony Volk said:
...So my
question is, with my moderate light levels, and moderate CO2 levels, and
high fish load, what fertilizers do I need? I'm hesitant to follow the
"typical" Barr dosing because of my high fish load. I'm most tempted to
just add some Flourish Excel to provide trace nutrients and an extra CO2
kick, but I want to make sure that I'm not missing out on any critical
nutrients for my plants that isn't being provided via fish waste or that if
I do start dosing, I don't overdo it. I'm very pleased to have gotten to a
static state with the algae (and even gotten rid of the staghorn), so I've
got no desire to go back! Thanks for any advice,

Tony

Tony, While I'm no plant expert by any means, I can offer advice
based upon my limited experience. I've got 3 tanks with different
conditions and setups. My 55g is 3wpg, injected CO2 and addicted to
additional ferts and traces ala Barr. My 20g on the other hand is
more like the tank you describe. It's got a 36 watt CF light and
moderate to heavy fish load. In that tank I'm hesitant to start
dumping in large amounts of KNO3 and KH2P04 when my fish food supplies
allready enough (too much?) K and P. My concern has been potassium.
I've been adding K in the form of KCI potassiuim chloride to try to
attain a ratio of 8:1:16 NPK. The 20 hasn't had much algae to speak
of. I went through what I believe are the 3 natural stages; brown
diatoms, then green water and finally green dust and slime. Once
those went away it's been clear sailing.

From my understanding, plants need sufficient potassium in order to
utilize some of the other nutrients. It's got to come from somewhere,
and it's been recommended to maintain that magic ratio mentioned
above. I tested for both Nitrates and Phosphorus in my tanks and had
plenty of both so I opted for KCI to supplement potassium.

steve