newbie css

Discussion in 'HTML' started by King of Red Lions, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. Hi people! I am having trouble with a css menu on my site, I just can't
    seem to make it look perfect. My site is www.paradisa.net, I'm sure you
    will see the problems as soon as you view the page. In FireFox I would
    like to:

    Get rid of the gap between each list item.
    Stop the right hand border for each list item breaking through the
    horizontal borders.
    Get the hover background picture to reach the bottom of the div.

    In IE the problems are:

    Again, the hover background image doesn't reach the borders.
    There seems to be some sort of padding to the right of each link.
    Again one of the vertical borders for each link seems to keep cutting
    through the horizontal border.

    I would like the menu to be compatible in IE, FireFox and all other
    browsers.

    The CSS I used for this is as follows:

    #navcontainer ul
    {
    text-align: center;
    background: url("http://biphome.spray.se/karl10/images/navBarBg.gif")
    repeat-x 20px;
    color: white;
    border-top: 1px solid #A8B090;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #A8B090;
    margin: 0px;
    }

    #navcontainer ul li
    {
    display: inline;
    padding-left: 0;
    padding-right: 0;
    padding-bottom: 5px;
    padding-top: 5px;
    margin: 0px;
    width: 70px;
    border-right: 1px solid #A8B090;
    }

    #navcontainer a
    {
    color: #000;
    text-decoration: none;
    width: 70px;
    border-left: 1px solid #A8B090;
    padding: 0 5px 0 5px;
    margin: 0px;
    }

    #navcontainer a:hover { background:
    url("http://biphome.spray.se/karl10/images/navBarBgHover.gif") repeat-x
    30px; }

    I would appreciate any help, many thanks!
    King of Red Lions, Dec 16, 2004

    Please post a URL (including "http://") to the page in question

    --
    Jeffrey D. Silverman |
    Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

    Drop "PANTS" to reply by email
    Jeffrey Silverman, Dec 16, 2004

  3. King of Red Lions

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:09:14 +0000, King of Red Lions wrote:
    >

    >>I would appreciate any help, many thanks!

    > Please post a URL (including "http://") to the page in question

    only need the http:// if you're using a crappy old reader. Upgrade :)

    to the OP:

    google is your friend! www.google.it

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Dec 16, 2004
  4. SpaceGirl wrote:
    > Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:09:14 +0000, King of Red Lions wrote:
    >>

    >>> I would appreciate any help, many thanks!

    >> Please post a URL (including "http://") to the page in question
    >>

    > only need the http:// if you're using a crappy old reader. Upgrade :)
    >
    > to the OP:
    >
    > google is your friend! www.google.it

    Tried google, not really much help. Seems to be more of an experience
    thing.
    King of Red Lions, Dec 16, 2004
  5. On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:22:22 +0000, SpaceGirl wrote:

    > only need the http:// if you're using a crappy old reader. Upgrade :)

    I am not using a crappy newsreader.

    Jeffrey Silverman, Dec 16, 2004
  6. On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:06:17 +0000, King of Red Lions wrote:

    > Tried google, not really much help. Seems to be more of an experience
    > thing.

    You still didn't post an example URL for us to look at.

    Jeffrey Silverman, Dec 16, 2004

    Sorry, http://www.paradisa.net/index.php
    King of Red Lions, Dec 16, 2004
  8. On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:32:23 +0000, King of Red Lions wrote:

    > Sorry, http://www.paradisa.net/index.php

    too late! I'm not interested anymore.

    --
    Jeffrey Silverman