Newbie: Does Ruby have event driven network libraries?

Wyatt Biker

I made a turn based game and would like to make a back end engine
running on Linux or Mac. The game is turnbased 2 player (think chess
like) but there can be many games going on at once. Speed would not be
the problem since not much data goes between players.

What I need is the following:

Make a Ruby application that is running in some idle loop, but when a
network data packet comes in to notify some event/delegate function to
process the request and go back to idle (or be doing something else).

I dont want polling of sockets, timers, etc etc. Also does Ruby have
event driven frameworks in general?

Thanks

Ehsanul Hoque

Take a look at eventmachine - http://rubyeventmachine.com/
Date: Fri=2C 2 Oct 2009 02:16:24 +0900
From: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Newbie: Does Ruby have event driven network libraries?
To: (e-mail address removed)
=20
I made a turn based game and would like to make a back end engine
running on Linux or Mac. The game is turnbased 2 player (think chess
like) but there can be many games going on at once. Speed would not be
the problem since not much data goes between players.
=20
What I need is the following:
=20
Make a Ruby application that is running in some idle loop=2C but when a
network data packet comes in to notify some event/delegate function to
process the request and go back to idle (or be doing something else).
=20
I dont want polling of sockets=2C timers=2C etc etc. Also does Ruby have
event driven frameworks in general?
=20
Thanks
--=20
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
=20
=0A=
Bing=99 brings you maps=2C menus=2C and reviews organized in one place. =
Try it now.=0A=
http://www.bing.com/search?q=3Drestaurants&form=3DMLOGEN&publ=3DWLHMTAG&cre=
a=3DTEXT_MLOGEN_Core_tagline_local_1x1=