    I dont want polling of sockets, timers, etc etc. Also does Ruby have
    event driven frameworks in general?

    Thanks
    Wyatt Biker, Oct 1, 2009

  2. Take a look at eventmachine - http://rubyeventmachine.com/

    > Date: Fri=2C 2 Oct 2009 02:16:24 +0900
    > Subject: Newbie: Does Ruby have event driven network libraries?
    > To:
    >=20
    > I made a turn based game and would like to make a back end engine
    > running on Linux or Mac. The game is turnbased 2 player (think chess
    > like) but there can be many games going on at once. Speed would not be
    > the problem since not much data goes between players.
    >=20
    > What I need is the following:
    >=20
    > Make a Ruby application that is running in some idle loop=2C but when a
    > network data packet comes in to notify some event/delegate function to
    > process the request and go back to idle (or be doing something else).
    >=20
    > I dont want polling of sockets=2C timers=2C etc etc. Also does Ruby have
    > event driven frameworks in general?
    >=20
    > Thanks
    > --=20
    > Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
    >=20

    =0A=
    Bing=99 brings you maps=2C menus=2C and reviews organized in one place. =
    Try it now.=0A=
    http://www.bing.com/search?q=3Drestaurants&form=3DMLOGEN&publ=3DWLHMTAG&cre=
    a=3DTEXT_MLOGEN_Core_tagline_local_1x1=
    Ehsanul Hoque, Oct 1, 2009

  3. Wyatt Biker

    Tony Arcieri Guest

    There's also rev:

    http://rev.rubyforge.org/

    On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Ehsanul Hoque <>wrot=
    e:

    > Take a look at eventmachine - http://rubyeventmachine.com/
    >
    > > Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 02:16:24 +0900
    > > Subject: Newbie: Does Ruby have event driven network libraries?
    > >
    > > I made a turn based game and would like to make a back end engine
    > > running on Linux or Mac. The game is turnbased 2 player (think chess
    > > like) but there can be many games going on at once. Speed would not be
    > > the problem since not much data goes between players.
    > >
    > > What I need is the following:
    > >
    > > Make a Ruby application that is running in some idle loop, but when a
    > > network data packet comes in to notify some event/delegate function to
    > > process the request and go back to idle (or be doing something else).
    > >
    > > I dont want polling of sockets, timers, etc etc. Also does Ruby have
    > > event driven frameworks in general?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > --

    > Bing=99 brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place. Tr=

    y it
    > now.
    >
    > http://www.bing.com/search?q=3Drestaurants&form=3DMLOGEN&publ=3DWLHMTAG&c=

    rea=3DTEXT_MLOGEN_Core_tagline_local_1x1

    --=20
    Tony Arcieri
    Medioh/Nagravision
    Tony Arcieri, Oct 1, 2009
  4. Wyatt Biker

    Wyatt Biker Guest

    Wyatt Biker, Oct 1, 2009
  5. Wyatt Biker

    Chuck Remes Guest

    On Oct 1, 2009, at 1:43 PM, Wyatt Biker wrote:

    > Ehsanul Hoque wrote:
    >> Take a look at eventmachine - http://rubyeventmachine.com/

    > Looks nice. I hope it works on Mac so I can use it.

    It works fine under OSX.

    cr
    Chuck Remes, Oct 1, 2009