newbie help please

Reaction score
Can I PLEASE get some help with this. Nothing I do helps.

I have visual studio 2008 which I install first. Then I installed Expression Web 3. I created a database in VS 2008 called 'custom' and put a table with data in it. I can get both VS and Expression web to work within THAT environment, but as soon as I publish it to my iis server (running on this same machine, localhost) and try to run as http : // machinename my page that does the gridview to this table, does not work.

I get Cannot open database "custom" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'CORP-KHALSTED09\ASPNET'

I have tried: aspnet_regiis -i -enable and that doesn't fix it.

I've changed a million things in IIS to no avail.

My webconfig consists of only:

<configuration>
<connectionStrings>
<add name="myConn" connectionString="Data Source=CORP-KHALSTED09\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=custom;Integrated Security=True"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>
</configuration>

I'm trying to branch out into the MS world, coming from my 12 year Oracle world experience and I'm stumped as to what to do here.

Could someone please explain this to me?

Again, right now, I'm just trying to do this from Expression web or Visual Studio 2008 to my sqlexpress database to my local iis server. Everything is on this machine.

If I haven't given enough info, please let me know and I'll give you whatever info I can. I've googled until I'm about dead.

Nothing I've tried seems to work.

It's like the ASPNET user doesn't have permission or something.

Ken

Ask a Question