newbie help with makefile

TheSomberlain

hello all..I want to compile a program from visual studio instead then
using the nmake utility with a makefile but I dont know nothing about
the makefiles so I dont really know how to do this..
the output generates two files a exe and a dll.. I want to build the
dll from the visual studio..thanks in advance for any help

the makefile is this:

-----------------------------------
!include <win32.mak>

!IFNDEF NODEBUG
..cpp.obj:
$(cc) $(cdebug) $(cflags) $(cvarsdll) -DSTRICT -YX\
/D "DEBUG_TRACING"\
/D "TRACING" /Od /D "_DEBUG" $<
!else
..cpp.obj:
$(cc) $(cdebug) $(cflags) $(cvarsdll) -DSTRICT -YX -DNODEBUG $<
!endif
CPP_FILES= dbuffmgr.cpp\
doverlap.cpp\
dasyncw.cpp\
dworker.cpp\
dcatalog.cpp\
dcatitem.cpp\
dllmain.cpp\
dprovide.cpp\
dsocket.cpp\
spi.cpp\
trace.cpp\
dthook.cpp

OBJS= $(CPP_FILES:.cpp=.obj)

all: lsp.dll inst_lsp.exe

lsp.dll: $(OBJS)
$(link) $(linkdebug) $(dlllflags) \
-map \
-export:WSPStartup \
-out:$*.dll $(OBJS) $(guilibsdll) ws2_32.lib

inst_lsp.obj: inst_lsp.cpp
$(cc) $(cdebug) $(cflags) $(cvars) inst_lsp.cpp

inst_lsp.exe: inst_lsp.obj
$(link) $(linkdebug) $(conlflags) -out:$*.exe inst_lsp.obj\
rpcrt4.lib $(conlibs) ws2_32.lib sporder.lib

clean:
-del *.obj
-del *.dll
-del *.pch
-del *.exp
-del lsp.lib

Victor Bazarov

TheSomberlain said:
hello all..I want to compile a program from visual studio instead then
using the nmake utility with a makefile but I dont know nothing about
the makefiles so I dont really know how to do this.. [...]

We don't know either. It's totally compiler-specific and as
such is off-topic here. Try microsoft.public.vc.language NG.

Victor

Kevin Goodsell

TheSomberlain said:
hello all..I want to compile a program from visual studio instead then
using the nmake utility with a makefile but I dont know nothing about
the makefiles so I dont really know how to do this..

This group discusses the C++ language, not makefiles or visual studio.
Please re-read the welcome message and section 5 of the FAQ, paying
particular attention to the sections on topicality:

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

-Kevin