Newbie help....!

Ed

Hi - i'm trying to create an email form on my website, but am using a
WYSISYG program to design the site, so was hoping to use the insert HTML
code fragment option. I know its not ideal, but i do need the form (its for
a school website)

I'm stuck! I only want a v simple form - any ideas?

TIA. ed.

Whitecrest

Hi - i'm trying to create an email form on my website, but am using a
WYSISYG program to design the site, so was hoping to use the insert HTML
code fragment option. I know its not ideal, but i do need the form (its for
a school website)
I'm stuck! I only want a v simple form - any ideas?

First a WYSIWYG editor is not mutually exclusive to learning HTML and
CSS. THAT should be your first priority. Lay the page out with the
editor, then switch to HTML code mode (they all have it) and look at the
code. If you search Google for "email form HTML free", you will be
rewarded with exactly what you are looking for.

Neal

Hi - i'm trying to create an email form on my website, but am using a
WYSISYG program to design the site, so was hoping to use the insert HTML
code fragment option. I know its not ideal, but i do need the form (its
for
a school website)

I'm stuck! I only want a v simple form - any ideas?

TIA. ed.

It's all explained at http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html - or
you can simply look online for similar forms and see how they're written.
After looking at a dozen the pattern will emerge.

How you do it exactly depends on the server-side script you'll be using,
so I can't offer a drop-in.

Brian

Ed said:
i'm trying to create an email form on my website, but am using a
WYSISYG program to design the site, so was hoping to use the insert
HTML code fragment option. I know its not ideal, but i do need the
form (its for a school website)

I'm stuck! I only want a v simple form - any ideas?

NMS Formmail; the package includes a sample form.

http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/

Barry Pearson

Whitecrest wrote:
[snip]

This is totally off-topic! Sorry.

Was it you who asked when I would update my photographs? I didn't answer,
because I didn't know. I've had lots of trouble with my scanner. I've finally
given up, and bought a new one.

I've just uploaded the July edition of my photography site. The list of
galleries should indicate what may be worth looking at:
http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/

The new gallery results from 2 unlabelled unopened boxes of slides I found by
chance about 6 months ago. They are obviously from a business trip to
California in December 1993, when I took 2 days off to visit Yosemite. I'd
forgotten that I took a camera.

A bit more on-topic, I've tried to convert the galleries to 4.01 Strict.
Similarly with another web site:
http://www.birdsandanimals.info/

Whitecrest

Whitecrest wrote:
[snip]
This is totally off-topic! Sorry.

Yes, it was me who asked. I love looking at other people
photographs. Thanks for the update!

I like your character studies a lot!

Matthias Gutfeldt

Barry said:
I've just uploaded the July edition of my photography site. The list of
galleries should indicate what may be worth looking at:
http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/

The new gallery results from 2 unlabelled unopened boxes of slides I found by
chance about 6 months ago. They are obviously from a business trip to
California in December 1993, when I took 2 days off to visit Yosemite. I'd
forgotten that I took a camera.

Great pictures, they make me wish I could go to California again! All
I'd need is to find an unlabelled unopened box of cash...

Matthias

Els

Matthias said:
Great pictures, they make me wish I could go to California
again! All I'd need is to find an unlabelled unopened box
of cash...

:)
Find one for me too?

Barry Pearson

Matthias said:
Great pictures, they make me wish I could go to California again! All
I'd need is to find an unlabelled unopened box of cash...

Chuckle! You won't find it near me, because I will have found it first,
(perhaps 10 years late), and spent it.

Do you live in Germany? Are you telling me that there are no good winter
scenes to photograph in or near Germany? (No, of course not. Boring, flat,
unforested Germany, where it never snows).

But ... Yosemite has a special attraction for photographers, doesn't it? Even
those of us only 1% as good as Ansel Adams. (Or in my case, 2% as good. I'm
twice as good as people who are only 1% as good as Adams).

Barry Pearson

Whitecrest said:
Whitecrest wrote:
[snip]
This is totally off-topic! Sorry.

Yes, it was me who asked. I love looking at other people
photographs. Thanks for the update!

I like your character studies a lot!

Hm! Which are those? Not the young ladies with few if any clothes?

You won't believe this, but ... when I set up my "digital darkroom" about 3
years ago, I gave my "wet darkroom" equipment to a relative. She recently
returned to me 10 exposed but unprocessed B&W films (36 exp), with women's
names on the containers, that had been in the stuff I gave to her.

I think these are some glamour & figure photographs I took about 2 decades
ago! I intend to have them processed just to see what is on them. If they are
usable, some of them may find their way onto my site. I think I took them
about the same time as:
http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/pictures/glamour/gl1_04_14_3.htm

(My head fell off some time ago. I expect I'll find it within a few years).