    a school website)

    I'm stuck! I only want a v simple form - any ideas?

    TIA. ed.
    Ed, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Ed

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <wBEDc.57619$>,
    says...
    > Hi - i'm trying to create an email form on my website, but am using a
    > WYSISYG program to design the site, so was hoping to use the insert HTML
    > code fragment option. I know its not ideal, but i do need the form (its for
    > a school website)
    > I'm stuck! I only want a v simple form - any ideas?

    First a WYSIWYG editor is not mutually exclusive to learning HTML and
    CSS. THAT should be your first priority. Lay the page out with the
    editor, then switch to HTML code mode (they all have it) and look at the
    code. If you search Google for "email form HTML free", you will be
    rewarded with exactly what you are looking for.
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Ed

    Neal Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 19:45:47 +0100, Ed <> wrote:

    > Hi - i'm trying to create an email form on my website, but am using a
    > WYSISYG program to design the site, so was hoping to use the insert HTML
    > code fragment option. I know its not ideal, but i do need the form (its
    > for
    > a school website)
    >
    > I'm stuck! I only want a v simple form - any ideas?
    >
    > TIA. ed.

    It's all explained at http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html - or
    you can simply look online for similar forms and see how they're written.
    After looking at a dozen the pattern will emerge.

    How you do it exactly depends on the server-side script you'll be using,
    so I can't offer a drop-in.
    Neal, Jun 28, 2004
  4. Ed

    Brian Guest

    Ed wrote:

    > i'm trying to create an email form on my website, but am using a
    > WYSISYG program to design the site, so was hoping to use the insert
    > HTML code fragment option. I know its not ideal, but i do need the
    > form (its for a school website)
    >
    > I'm stuck! I only want a v simple form - any ideas?

    NMS Formmail; the package includes a sample form.

    http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/

    --
    Brian (remove ".invalid" to email me)
    http://www.tsmchughs.com/
    Brian, Jun 28, 2004
  5. Whitecrest wrote:
    [snip]

    This is totally off-topic! Sorry.

    Was it you who asked when I would update my photographs? I didn't answer,
    because I didn't know. I've had lots of trouble with my scanner. I've finally
    given up, and bought a new one.

    I've just uploaded the July edition of my photography site. The list of
    galleries should indicate what may be worth looking at:
    http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/

    The new gallery results from 2 unlabelled unopened boxes of slides I found by
    chance about 6 months ago. They are obviously from a business trip to
    California in December 1993, when I took 2 days off to visit Yosemite. I'd
    forgotten that I took a camera.

    A bit more on-topic, I've tried to convert the galleries to 4.01 Strict.
    Similarly with another web site:
    http://www.birdsandanimals.info/

    --
    Barry Pearson
    http://www.BirdsAndAnimals.info/
    Barry Pearson, Jun 30, 2004
  6. Ed

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <%SGEc.652$LK1.82@newsfe6-win>,
    says...
    > Whitecrest wrote:
    > [snip]
    > This is totally off-topic! Sorry.

    Yes, it was me who asked. I love looking at other people
    photographs. Thanks for the update!

    I like your character studies a lot!

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Jul 1, 2004
  7. Barry Pearson wrote:

    > I've just uploaded the July edition of my photography site. The list of
    > galleries should indicate what may be worth looking at:
    > http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/
    >
    > The new gallery results from 2 unlabelled unopened boxes of slides I found by
    > chance about 6 months ago. They are obviously from a business trip to
    > California in December 1993, when I took 2 days off to visit Yosemite. I'd
    > forgotten that I took a camera.

    Great pictures, they make me wish I could go to California again! All
    I'd need is to find an unlabelled unopened box of cash...

    Matthias
    Matthias Gutfeldt, Jul 1, 2004
  8. Ed

    Els Guest

    Matthias Gutfeldt wrote:

    > Barry Pearson wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/

    > Great pictures, they make me wish I could go to California
    > again! All I'd need is to find an unlabelled unopened box
    > of cash...

    :)
    Find one for me too?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, Jul 1, 2004
  9. Els wrote:
    > Matthias Gutfeldt wrote:
    >

    >>Barry Pearson wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/

    >>Great pictures, they make me wish I could go to California
    >>again! All I'd need is to find an unlabelled unopened box
    >>of cash...

    > :)
    > Find one for me too?

    Only if you swear off herb tea!

    Matthias
    Matthias Gutfeldt, Jul 1, 2004
  10. Ed

    Els Guest

    Matthias Gutfeldt wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    >> Matthias Gutfeldt wrote:

    >>>Great pictures, they make me wish I could go to California
    >>>again! All I'd need is to find an unlabelled unopened box
    >>>of cash...

    >> :)
    >> Find one for me too?

    > Only if you swear off herb tea!

    Ask again when you found one ;-)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, Jul 1, 2004
  11. Ed

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 08:11:02 +0200, Matthias Gutfeldt
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Only if you swear off herb tea!

    And Earl Grey.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jul 1, 2004
  12. Ed

    Els Guest

    Mark Parnell wrote:

    > On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 08:11:02 +0200, Matthias Gutfeldt
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    >> Only if you swear off herb tea!

    > And Earl Grey.

    You only get to determine the conditions if you find the
    unlabelled unopened box of cash. :p

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Jul 1, 2004
  13. Matthias Gutfeldt wrote:
    > Barry Pearson wrote:
    >>
    >> I've just uploaded the July edition of my photography site. The list
    >> of galleries should indicate what may be worth looking at:
    >> http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/
    > >
    >> The new gallery results from 2 unlabelled unopened boxes of slides I
    >> found by chance about 6 months ago. They are obviously from a
    >> business trip to California in December 1993, when I took 2 days off
    >> to visit Yosemite. I'd forgotten that I took a camera.

    > Great pictures, they make me wish I could go to California again! All
    > I'd need is to find an unlabelled unopened box of cash...

    Chuckle! You won't find it near me, because I will have found it first,
    (perhaps 10 years late), and spent it.

    Do you live in Germany? Are you telling me that there are no good winter
    scenes to photograph in or near Germany? (No, of course not. Boring, flat,
    unforested Germany, where it never snows).

    But ... Yosemite has a special attraction for photographers, doesn't it? Even
    those of us only 1% as good as Ansel Adams. (Or in my case, 2% as good. I'm
    twice as good as people who are only 1% as good as Adams).

    --
    Barry Pearson
    Barry Pearson, Jul 1, 2004
  14. Whitecrest wrote:
    > In article <%SGEc.652$LK1.82@newsfe6-win>,
    > says...
    >> Whitecrest wrote:
    >> [snip]
    >> This is totally off-topic! Sorry.

    > Yes, it was me who asked. I love looking at other people
    > photographs. Thanks for the update!
    >
    > I like your character studies a lot!

    Hm! Which are those? Not the young ladies with few if any clothes?

    You won't believe this, but ... when I set up my "digital darkroom" about 3
    years ago, I gave my "wet darkroom" equipment to a relative. She recently
    returned to me 10 exposed but unprocessed B&W films (36 exp), with women's
    names on the containers, that had been in the stuff I gave to her.

    I think these are some glamour & figure photographs I took about 2 decades
    ago! I intend to have them processed just to see what is on them. If they are
    usable, some of them may find their way onto my site. I think I took them
    about the same time as:
    http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/pictures/glamour/gl1_04_14_3.htm

    (My head fell off some time ago. I expect I'll find it within a few years).

    --
    Barry Pearson
    Barry Pearson, Jul 2, 2004
  15. Ed

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <OU0Fc.253$>,
    says...
    > > I like your character studies a lot!

    > Hm! Which are those? Not the young ladies with few if any clothes?

    Well, them too....

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com