[newbie] is there an OnServerError continue?

Beemer Biker

Our database admin is messing with the database and my web page no longer
runs. I do need to debug some stuff that does not depend on the database.
Is there some setting in web.config or some statement I can add to my code
that I can have the page continue past the database login failing? I have
plenty of other code to write that does not require the database to be
working.

Main page has 1 datagridview and 3 databound controls. There are a total of
four SqlDataSource associated data sources. Looking at properties and
method I do not see an "Active" that I can set false while the database is
not working. I assume I can set the connection string to"" but that is a
pain as I would have to make a note of what was in the connection string and
restore it. There is no place in my code where I explicitely "open" the
database. It is opened in design mode when I set up the datagridview and
associated SqlDataSource's

I have a page error handler. Is there something I can put in it to have it
continue on?

...TIA...

Beemer Biker joestateson at grandecom dot net
http://TipsForTheComputingImpaired.com
http://ResearchRiders.org Ask about my 99'R1100RT

Guest

If you want a small code fragment to run only when your site is in degug mode
then use this code in your code behind:

#if (DEBUG)
Response.Write("Debug Mode!");
#endif

Remember that the debug mode is controlled by your web.config file so set
compilation debug = "true" on your local config file and "false" on your
production file.

Cheers,
Brad