[Newbie] need help

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by arN, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. arN

    arN Guest

    Hi !

    I'm a Java developper and I need to write a tool in c for a platform
    specific operation (I need to make a capture of an offscreen window).

    I wrote this code in Python that works well when not called from my java
    code. Unfortunatly, I fails when launch from java (don't know why) :

    import win32api, win32con, sys

    control = int(sys.argv[1])
    gc = int(sys.argv[2])

    win32api.SendMessage(control, win32con.WM_PAINT, gc, 0)
    win32api.SendMessage(control, win32con.WM_PRINT, gc,
    win32con.PRF_CHILDREN | win32con.PRF_CLIENT | win32con.PRF_OWNED)

    Could someone help me translate it in C. I tried, but it can't manage to
    write a valid code (had problems to cast char to int for example).

    TIA

    --
    Arnaud

    arN, Jan 20, 2005

  2. arN wrote:
    > Hi !
    >
    > I'm a Java developper and I need to write a tool in c for a platform
    > specific operation (I need to make a capture of an offscreen window).

    See your reply in news:comp.lang.c++.
    If you post to multiple groups, please put them all on
    the same header. That way, you only have to check one
    newsgroup to see everybody's reply.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message: