Newbie needs to edit communityserver.org site

Scott Gordo

I've been asked by a client to modify a page built using Community
Server software.

It doesn't sound too complicated. Basically, I need to move a list
summary control from the sidebar to the body of a page. I don't yet
have FTP access to the site's files.

I've got just enough experience with master pages and css to get me in
trouble, err, hack/experiment until get it right.

I'm very far from being a wiz with .NET apps, though. I'm concerned
that once I've created a new master page and added it to the system
I'll have to recompile the app? Not sure exactly how to do that using
FTP. Would I need to download the whole app, make my changes, compile,
then upload back to the production server? I really don't want to
break this site.

TIA,

Scott