Newbie problem with XSLT...

Discussion in 'XML' started by Brian Wohldmann, Nov 30, 2003.

  1. I'm working on a XML/XSL markup for class. Upon finishing it, I
    couldn't get IE to display the transformed XML output to me, all I
    kept getting was the untransformed XML Tree View that IE uses.

    My XML is well-formed and validated. I transformed the files with a
    program called 'XMLSpy', and it worked fine (using both the built-in
    XSLT processor and the MSXML processor).

    So why can't I get IE to properly display the XML? Any help would be
    greatly appreciated. The files can be viewed:

    http://www.atthefrontsystems.com/xls/flight.xml
    http://www.atthefrontsystems.com/xls/tablestyle.xsl

    ----
    Head of flight.xml
    ----
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xml"
    href="http://www.atthefrontsystems.com/xls/tablestyle.xsl"?>

    <!DOCTYPE FLIGHTINFO [
    ..
    ..
    ..

    ----
    Head of tablestyle.xsl
    ----
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

    <xsl:template match="/FLIGHTINFO">
    ..
    ..
    ..

    Brian Wohldmann, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Brian Wohldmann

    Ray Tayek Guest

    Brian Wohldmann wrote:
    > I'm working on a XML/XSL markup for class. Upon finishing it, I
    > couldn't get IE to display the transformed XML output to me, all I
    > kept getting was the untransformed XML Tree View that IE uses.
    > http://www.atthefrontsystems.com/xls/flight.xml

    i'm a newbie also, but the above file looks like a nice table when
    viewed with mozilla, so maybe it's something peculiar to ie. try some
    other browsers and see what happens.

    hth
    ---
    ray tayek http://tayek.com/ actively seeking mentoring or telecommuting work
    vice chair orange county java users group http://www.ocjug.org/
    hate spam? http://samspade.org/ssw/

    Ray Tayek, Nov 30, 2003

  3. Change:

    > <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xml"
    > href="http://www.atthefrontsystems.com/xls/tablestyle.xsl"?>

    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
    href="http://www.atthefrontsystems.com/xls/tablestyle.xsl"?>

    and then IE will perform the transformation.

    =====
    Cheers,

    Dimitre Novatchev.

    Dimitre Novatchev, Nov 30, 2003