Newbie problem - XML shows on my domain, but "Access is Denied" to the outside world.

Discussion in 'XML' started by Justin Woodcock, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Hi All,

    I have a problem with an XML feed I'm trying to set up. I would like to
    give clients a single line of javascript to put into their pages so that
    they can retrieve a table of data created using XML, XSLT, ASP, and
    Javascript.

    The calling line is :

    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
    src="http://www.autotrade-directory.co.uk/sales/vehiclefeed.js?Ga_Id=36475">
    </script>

    Where Ga_Id is the Id of the client.

    This calls the following script :

    var dataArray = new Array();
    var querystring = window.location.href;
    dataArray = window.location.href.split("=");
    Ga_Id = dataArray[1];
    theXML = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
    theXML.async=false;

    theXML.load("http://www.autotrade-directory.co.uk/sales/atdxmlfeed.asp?Ga_Id
    =" + Ga_Id );
    theXSL = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
    theXSL.async = false;

    theXSL.load("http://www.autotrade-directory.co.uk/sales/stylesheet01.asp?Ga_
    Id=" + Ga_Id );
    document.write(theXML.transformNode(theXSL));

    When I place the line of javascript on a page within the domain the XML/XSLT
    table is displayed on the page, when I place the line of javascript on a
    page within another domain, I get a message saying Access is denied. Is
    this problem caused because I am using Microsoft.XMLDOM ?

    Please forgive any potential ignorance on my part in advance, my knowledge
    tends to be product led, and the product I'm working on has led me to the
    requirement to learn new skills.

    Thanks

    Justin Woodcock.

    Justin Woodcock, Jul 7, 2004