newbie question: display xmlfile

JanVDV

Hello,

I'm pretty new with perl.
I want to display an xml file in a browser, but I don't know how.
My xml file is coppled to an xsl stylesheet, so I don't think I can
do something with XML::parser.
(so, to be clear; if I type somescript.cgi in my browser, I want to have
the information of the xml file, transformed with xslt).
Can you people help me out? I think it is quite simple, but I can't find
the answer anywhere.

thankx
JanVDV

Brian McCauley

JanVDV said:
I'm pretty new with perl.

Your question has nothing to do with Perl - but this is not obvious so
you are forgiven.
I want to display an xml file in a browser, but I don't know how.
My xml file is coppled to an xsl stylesheet, so I don't think I can
do something with XML::parser.
(so, to be clear; if I type somescript.cgi in my browser, I want to have
the information of the xml file, transformed with xslt).
Can you people help me out? I think it is quite simple, but I can't find
the answer anywhere.

Please see recent thread "cant display generated html in browser (perl
script)" in this newsgroup where I explained this to someone else.

Bob Walton

JanVDV wrote:

I want to display an xml file in a browser, but I don't know how.

Did you try something like:

file:///d:/junk/junk78.xml

in your brower's URL box? That displays an XML file on my
browser (Mozilla 1.7.3).

And, BTW, that has nothing to do with Perl, and so is off-topic
in this newsgroup.

robic0

90% of the topics in this group theorehtically "have nothing to do with
Perl".
Perl without application is useless. Seems your group charter is just
Perl, without
examples. Textbooks have examples. If you don't want usages' why does
your
newsgroup exist? Theres no such thing as theorehtical programing
languages'.
You had better parse your words better to not weigh the outcome in your
favor
or better define what is/isn't on/off topic.
I suggest that if you act like this is your personal board that you
dynamically
interpret rules, not alot of interested parties will come to your
"lang" board.

-my $.02

Tad McClellan

not alot of interested parties will come to your
"lang" board.

Bummer, since we get paid by the volume of traffic.

(and this is not a "board", it is a "newsgroup". The dynamics
are quite different between the 2 environments.
)

robic0

Bummer, since we get paid by the volume of traffic.

(and this is not a "board", it is a "newsgroup". The dynamics
are quite different between the 2 environments.
)
Oke then... heres another line of bs for you pocket..