Newbie Question: Eclipse RCP - three questions

Discussion in 'Java' started by Marcin Misiewicz, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I'm trying to develop Eclipse RCP database based application and I've faced
    following problems.

    First :
    I don't know where can I create and dispose the ImageRegistry ?
    Class WorkbenchAdvisor doesn't seem to be right place to do this, I couldn't
    find the method
    like initializeImageRegistry.

    Second:
    Where should I keep for example the database connections or references to
    the beans
    shared among different parts of the application especially further plugins ?

    Third:
    Is there any example of the real database driven RCP application with source
    code available
    or at least an article describing this topic ?

    Thank's in advance

    --
    Marcin Misiewicz

    Marcin Misiewicz, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Marcin Misiewicz

    zoopy Guest

    On 18-8-2004 22:20, Marcin Misiewicz wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm trying to develop Eclipse RCP database based application and I've faced
    > following problems.
    >
    > First :
    > I don't know where can I create and dispose the ImageRegistry ?
    > Class WorkbenchAdvisor doesn't seem to be right place to do this, I couldn't
    > find the method
    > like initializeImageRegistry.
    >
    > Second:
    > Where should I keep for example the database connections or references to
    > the beans
    > shared among different parts of the application especially further plugins ?
    >
    > Third:
    > Is there any example of the real database driven RCP application with source
    > code available
    > or at least an article describing this topic ?
    >
    > Thank's in advance

    You might find more support at the newsgroups at the Eclipse news server (<news://news.eclipse.org>)
    To be able to access it you'll need a password <http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/index.html>

    --
    Regards,
    Z.