Newbie question: no such file to load -- dbm

Max Meier

hi,

I'm a total ruby newbie, so your help would be much appreciated.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.8 and just compiled and installed ruby with
readline. I followed the instructions on
http://hivelogic.com/articles/2005/12/01/ruby_rails_lighttpd_mysql_tiger
to configure and install readline-5.2, ruby-1.8.5-p2 and rubygems-0.9.0.

Now, if I try to run MouseHole 1.2 I get the following result (it worked
just fine before I reinstalled readline and ruby):

/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/yaml/dbm.rb:2:in `require': no such file to load
-- dbm (LoadError)
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/yaml/dbm.rb:2
from ./lib/mouseHole.rb:20:in `require'
from ./lib/mouseHole.rb:20
from bin/mouseHole:4:in `require'
from bin/mouseHole:4