Newbie question passing query from a user control to aspx page

AlecL

Hi there,

I have a home page with a user control that allows you to do enter
certain parameters and submit them for a search using a stored proc,
however there is no room for me to display a datagrid with results on
the home page so I have built a page that has the same search with
additional parameters and a datagrid to display results. Can anyone
point me to an example where I can pass the search parameters from home
page to the search page and display the results on the datagrid on the
search page...Please help!!

Alec

AlecL

Isn't it a security issue to put a search string on a URL? Are there
any other options or can someone point me to an example,
please...Please?

Al

dgk

Isn't it a security issue to put a search string on a URL? Are there
any other options or can someone point me to an example,
please...Please?

Al

You can store stuff in the session object.
Session.Item("Whatever")="PARM"

then in the next page just read it:

dim parm as string = Session.Item("Whatever')

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

Isn't it a security issue to put a search string on a URL? Are there
any other options or can someone point me to an example,
please...Please?

Al

In addition to querystrings, you can also make use of the Session and the
Profile objects

Just Me

No, its not neccesarily a security issue unless you are passing secure data.
In any case, its highly likely that you're not even running https, in which
case the point is mute.