    Have a great day,
    Kaizer.

    , Nov 28, 2005

  2. i think it is telling you to use spaces

    btw i have no idea, it just sounds like a funny thing to happen

    Tim Henderson, Nov 28, 2005

  3. wrote:

    > I'm a newbie to python. I run python under Manddrake Linux 10.2 from a
    > terminal.
    >
    > While in the interactive mode, i need to use the tab key to indent my
    > code. However, i get a message "List all 174 possibilities? (Y/N)"
    > instead of an indent. So i use spaces.
    >
    > How do i tell python to give me indents?

    see section A.3, Key Bindings, in the tutorial:

    http://docs.python.org/tut/node15.html

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Nov 28, 2005
  4. Kaizer Guest

    Thank you for your response, Mr. Lundh

    Have a great day,
    Kaizer.

    Kaizer, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Tim Roberts Guest

    wrote:

    >While in the interactive mode, i need to use the tab key to indent my
    >code. However, i get a message "List all 174 possibilities? (Y/N)"
    >instead of an indent. So i use spaces.
    >
    >How do i tell python to give me indents?

    You know, the number of spaces you use is not important. You can use one
    space for your indentation, which is the same number of keystrokes as a
    tab. Good looking code is not of prime importance when you're typing at
    the Python prompt.
    --
    - Tim Roberts,
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

    Tim Roberts, Nov 29, 2005
  6. Kaizer Guest

    HI there Tim!
    I've been using your suggestion every since I've been having this
    issue. I realized exactly what you said...that a space works just as
    well....

    Thanks!
    Kaizer.

    Kaizer, Nov 30, 2005