newbie question/TimeTracker

Tim Wallace

I am new to .Net. I am looking at the TimeTracker sample application and
have a question. Given the following pulled from TimeEntry.aspx:

<script runat="server">
//Use Time Entry component to capture user's input during edit mode
protected ASPNET.StarterKit.TimeTracker.BusinessLogicLayer.TimeEntry
_userInput = new
ASPNET.StarterKit.TimeTracker.BusinessLogicLayer.TimeEntry(0, 0, 0,
DateTime.MinValue, null, -1M);

protected DataTable _dayListTable = null;

private TTUser _user;
private DateTime _weekEndingDate = DateTime.Today;
private DateTime _weekStartingDate = DateTime.Today;

Are the variables (_user, _weekEndingDate, etc) only used during the
processing and rendering of the page, or are they maintained for the user
session? Let me try to clarify what I am asking. If I create a new TTUser
object that is stored in _user during Page_OnLoad, will _user still
reference the same object in a function that is called when the page is
submitted back to the server during, for example, the saving of a datagrid's
changes? I haven't read anything that would indicate the _user object is
maintained as part of the session or not.

Thanks.

Tim

Curt_C [MVP]

they are flushed. They aren't explicitely written to the session so most
likely they are empty.
A simple test will tell you though...try and see..

Tim Wallace

Well, I don't want to to count on a condition that is not "by design" for
the architecture of my apps.

Tim