Newbie question - Writing a bandwidth monitor for TCP/IP

Anthony Kavassis

Greetings to all,

as a newbie in network programming in Java I was hoping that someone might
be able to help with pointing me to the right direction. I need to write a
small application that checks the client network adapter to determine how
much bandwidth is used by my application on an Ethernet network. Are there
any APIs that might be useful to use in order to write a bandwidth monitor
for TCP/IP?

King regards,
Anthony