newbie question

mans

Hello,

I am a C/C++ programmer and I have MSVC2005 professional. I want to
develop my first ASP.NET application and web page. I started to read some
tutorials but I found that I should create the web page manually ( placing
different objects on page and adding events to them and so on) Is there a
way to do this using a GUI similar to designing windows form in C# or a
dialog box in C++ MFC?

Which server is better for ASP.NET? An Apache server or an IIS server? Is
IIS server as powerful as Apache? Where can I find a comparison chart for
them?

Which version of VISTA do I need for setting up a web server with ASP.NRET,
MYSQL and Apache or IIS server?

I found documentation on how to write events and procedures for use in
ASP.NET in C#, where can I find examples of writing procedures for ASP.NET
in C/C++ (CLI)?

Any tutorial or book that you suggest me to read to start developing ASP.NET
would be very appreciating?

Regards

David Wier

First off - you would use Visual Web Developer 2005 Express - it's a free
download from Microsoft.
Second - you would use an IIS web server - - otherwise - look into the MONO
project - I don't know much about it.....

Go to http://asp.net - there are plenty of video (as well as other types)
tutorials on stuff to get started.