Newbie question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Bob, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    I got a mandate from a shop that is using ASP - not ASP.NET - I need to do
    the following.
    From a client page take the data shown on the page and send it to a server
    URL as a well formed XML Post request. Wait for the response and when it
    arrives (it should arrive as an XML response) check a field called status
    (which should be 0, if its not it indicates an error at the server). If the
    field status value is 0 then show the data. I'm looking for sample code to
    do that in ASP.

    The request that is documented by the server folks is as follows.
    <?xml version="1.0" ?>

    <!DOCTYPE DCListRequest [

    <!ELEMENT DCListRequest EMPTY>

    ]>

    <DCListRequest></DCListRequest>

    The typical Response received would be, again according to the docs as

    <?xml version="1.0" ?>

    <!DOCTYPE DCListResponse [

    <!ELEMENT DCListResponse (DCItem+)>

    <!ATTLIST DCListResponse StatusCode CDATA #REQUIRED>

    <!ATTLIST DCListResponse StatusMessage CDATA #IMPLIED>

    <!ELEMENT DCItem (DCID, DCDesc)>

    <!ELEMENT DCID (#PCDATA)>

    <!ELEMENT DCDesc (#PCDATA)>

    ]>

    <DCListResponse StatusCode="0">

    <DCItem>

    <DCID>1</DCID>

    <DCDesc>Albany</DCDesc>

    </DCItem>

    <DCItem>

    <DCID>2</DCID>

    <DCDesc>Albuquerque</DCDesc>

    </DCItem>

    <DCItem>

    <DCID>3</DCID>

    <DCDesc>Altoona</DCDesc>

    </DCItem>

    <DCItem>

    <DCID>78</DCID>

    <DCDesc>Anchorage</DCDesc>

    </DCItem>

    </DCListResponse>

    How do I use this in a asp page?

    A simple sample or a link to a simple sample would be really appreciated,

    Bob

    Bob, Apr 19, 2006