Newbie question

Bob

I got a mandate from a shop that is using ASP - not ASP.NET - I need to do
the following.
From a client page take the data shown on the page and send it to a server
URL as a well formed XML Post request. Wait for the response and when it
arrives (it should arrive as an XML response) check a field called status
(which should be 0, if its not it indicates an error at the server). If the
field status value is 0 then show the data. I'm looking for sample code to
do that in ASP.

The request that is documented by the server folks is as follows.
<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<!DOCTYPE DCListRequest [

<!ELEMENT DCListRequest EMPTY>

]>

<DCListRequest></DCListRequest>

The typical Response received would be, again according to the docs as

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<!DOCTYPE DCListResponse [

<!ELEMENT DCListResponse (DCItem+)>

<!ATTLIST DCListResponse StatusCode CDATA #REQUIRED>

<!ATTLIST DCListResponse StatusMessage CDATA #IMPLIED>

<!ELEMENT DCItem (DCID, DCDesc)>

<!ELEMENT DCID (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT DCDesc (#PCDATA)>

]>

<DCListResponse StatusCode="0">

<DCItem>

<DCID>1</DCID>

<DCDesc>Albany</DCDesc>

</DCItem>

<DCItem>

<DCID>2</DCID>

<DCDesc>Albuquerque</DCDesc>

</DCItem>

<DCItem>

<DCID>3</DCID>

<DCDesc>Altoona</DCDesc>

</DCItem>

<DCItem>

<DCID>78</DCID>

<DCDesc>Anchorage</DCDesc>

</DCItem>

</DCListResponse>

How do I use this in a asp page?

A simple sample or a link to a simple sample would be really appreciated,

Bob