    I am fairly new to C++ and i just want to know the best/easiest way to
    implement Graphical User Interfaces in my program. Am I right in thinking
    Visual C++ is the software for this? Is there anything else I should know?
    The Mikester, Dec 21, 2004

  2. The Mikester

    Tim Love Guest

    "The Mikester" <> writes:

    >I am fairly new to C++ and i just want to know the best/easiest way to
    >implement Graphical User Interfaces in my program. Am I right in thinking
    >Visual C++ is the software for this?

    Not on my HP-UX system, no. You may wish to consider trying a different
    newsgroup.
    Tim Love, Dec 21, 2004

  3. The Mikester

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    The Mikester wrote:

    > I am fairly new to C++ and i just want to know the best/easiest way to
    > implement Graphical User Interfaces in my program. Am I right in thinking
    > Visual C++ is the software for this?

    It is not "the" software for it. It's one of many options, and it's only
    available for Windows (AFAIK).

    > Is there anything else I should know?

    Yes. This newsgroup only deals with the C++ language defined by ISO. It has
    a standard library, but that library doesn't deal with GUI systems at all,
    so that would be system/compiler/library specific and you need to consult a
    newsgroup that is about that.
    Rolf Magnus, Dec 21, 2004