News Reader

Discussion in 'Python' started by Daniel Bowett, Jan 13, 2005.

  1. Is anyone reading this list through thunderbird as news? If so - how did
    you set it up?

    Daniel Bowett, Jan 13, 2005

  2. Daniel Bowett

    Robert Kern Guest

    Daniel Bowett wrote:
    > Is anyone reading this list through thunderbird as news? If so - how did
    > you set it up?

    I subscribed to comp.lang.python under my USENET news server account.

    --
    Robert Kern

    -- Richard Harter

    Robert Kern, Jan 13, 2005

  3. Daniel Bowett

    Robert Kern Guest

    Robert Kern wrote:
    > Daniel Bowett wrote:
    >
    >> Is anyone reading this list through thunderbird as news? If so - how
    >> did you set it up?

    > I subscribed to comp.lang.python under my USENET news server account.

    I guess I should add that that's all I did. There's nothing special to
    set up.

    --
    Robert Kern

    -- Richard Harter

    Robert Kern, Jan 13, 2005
  4. Daniel Bowett

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Robert Kern wrote:
    > Robert Kern wrote:
    >> Daniel Bowett wrote:
    >>> Is anyone reading this list through thunderbird as news? If so - how
    >>> did you set it up?

    >> I subscribed to comp.lang.python under my USENET news server account.

    > I guess I should add that that's all I did. There's nothing special to
    > set up.

    Having to add the news server by first selecting "File->New->Account"
    might qualify as important enough to mention too. ;-)

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Jan 13, 2005
  5. OK, ask a stupid question.... I wasn't aware I needed a Usenet account.
    It's simple when you know how.

    Daniel Bowett, Jan 13, 2005
  6. Daniel Bowett

    Evan Simpson Guest

    Daniel Bowett wrote:
    > OK, ask a stupid question.... I wasn't aware I needed a Usenet account.

    ....and if you don't have one, like me, there's always GMane
    (http://www.gmane.org/, nntp://news.gmane.org/).

    Cheers,

    Evan @ 4-am

    Evan Simpson, Jan 13, 2005