news server name

pvasanthkumar

I want to subscribe to this newsgroup thro outlook express. For this I
need to know nntp server on which this group resides. Can someone tell
me what is the newsserver.

Thanks in advance
-Vasanth

Victor Bazarov

I want to subscribe to this newsgroup thro outlook express. For this I
need to know nntp server on which this group resides. Can someone tell
me what is the newsserver.

You need to ask your ISP about this. comp.lang.c++ is distributed
on all participating news (NNTP) servers in the world, there are no
dedicated servers for comp.lang.* hierarchy, AFAIK.

Larry I Smith

I want to subscribe to this newsgroup thro outlook express. For this I
need to know nntp server on which this group resides. Can someone tell
me what is the newsserver.

Thanks in advance
-Vasanth

Each (well most do) ISP provides a newgroup server.
When you obtained your internet account, your ISP should
have provided you with the name of their newsgroup
server. If they didn't, then you need to either visit
the ISP's home page, or call their Customer Support phone
number and get the name of their newsgroup server.

For example, my ISP is Verizon, and their newsgroup
server is 'news.verizon.net'. Whatever your ISP (SBC, Comcast,
Qwest, Verizon, etc) the newsgroup server name will be unique
to them (in the same way that their incoming/outgoing email
server names are unique to them).

Regards,
Larry

Alf P. Steinbach

* (e-mail address removed):
I want to subscribe to this newsgroup thro outlook express. For this I
need to know nntp server on which this group resides. Can someone tell
me what is the newsserver.

As Victor and Larry have already pointed out, newsgroups do not (ordinarily)
reside on particular servers: they're distributed on _all_ servers that, uh,
have the group -- for [comp.lang.c++] that means all serious servers.

A good public server run by Freie Universitaet Berlin, fee 10 Euro per year
(which is the one I'm using since my ISP's news-server is chronically
misconfigured and doesn't filter spam, which this server does, "cleanfeed"):

<url: http://news.individual.net/>

A good public free server, no fee:

<url: http://news.sunsite.dk/>

If you know any Norwegian consider learning more about using Usenet here:

<url: http://home.no.net/alfps/usenet_intro_no/>

Hth.,

- Alf

Raymond

Hi Alf P. Steinbach

This newsgroup server is a wonderful server. I can post a message now.

Thank you very much.

Raymond

* (e-mail address removed):