Newsgroup abuse and email account terminatoin

Kal Iyer

I had posted a Job ad in this newsgroup recently, and and got flamed
by a few people - ID's below.

Anyway, soon thereafter Yahoo yanked my account w/o providing any
reasons whatever. I would like ot know if any of hte following users
submitted an abuse report to Yahoo.

1 Have a lovely Google 30 Nov 2004

|-2 Default User 30 Nov 2004

|-3 red floyd 30 Nov 2004

| \-4 Default User 30 Nov 2004

\-5 Jacek Dziedzic 30 Nov 2004

\-6 Have a lovely Google 1 Dec

Thank you.

Gregory Toomey

Kal said:
I had posted a Job ad in this newsgroup recently, and and got flamed
by a few people - ID's below.

Anyway, soon thereafter Yahoo yanked my account w/o providing any
reasons whatever. I would like ot know if any of hte following users
submitted an abuse report to Yahoo.

1 Have a lovely Google 30 Nov 2004

|-2 Default User 30 Nov 2004

|-3 red floyd 30 Nov 2004

| \-4 Default User 30 Nov 2004

\-5 Jacek Dziedzic 30 Nov 2004

\-6 Have a lovely Google 1 Dec

Thank you.

We all did, asshat.

gtoomey

Thomas Matthews

Kal said:
I had posted a Job ad in this newsgroup recently, and and got flamed
by a few people - ID's below.

Anyway, soon thereafter Yahoo yanked my account w/o providing any
reasons whatever. I would like ot know if any of hte following users
submitted an abuse report to Yahoo.

1 Have a lovely Google 30 Nov 2004

|-2 Default User 30 Nov 2004

|-3 red floyd 30 Nov 2004

| \-4 Default User 30 Nov 2004

\-5 Jacek Dziedzic 30 Nov 2004

\-6 Have a lovely Google 1 Dec

Thank you.

Next time you post to a newsgroup, read the FAQs and
Welcome texts. See all the references in my signature.

You will find that job postings are not welcome in this
newsgroup.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

red floyd

Thomas said:
Kal said:
[whine redacted]

Next time you post to a newsgroup, read the FAQs and
Welcome texts. See all the references in my signature.

You will find that job postings are not welcome in this
newsgroup.

I suspect he wants revenge.

Victor Bazarov

Kal said:
I had posted a Job ad in this newsgroup recently, and and got flamed
by a few people - ID's below.

Anyway, soon thereafter Yahoo yanked my account w/o providing any
reasons whatever. I would like ot know if any of hte following users
submitted an abuse report to Yahoo.

[...]

What for? Retaliate? Do you have more accounts to be yanked?
Settle your dispute with Yahoo, they are the ones who didn't give
you a reason, allegedly.

David Harmon

On 7 Dec 2004 03:06:04 -0800 in comp.lang.c++, (e-mail address removed)
(Kal Iyer) wrote,
Anyway, soon thereafter Yahoo yanked my account

Hey, that is really cool. I tend to think of Yahoo as a bunch of
sleazy yahoos, but my estimation of them has just risen a few
points.

Gactimus

(e-mail address removed) (Kal Iyer) wrote in
I had posted a Job ad in this newsgroup recently, and and got flamed
by a few people - ID's below.

Anyway, soon thereafter Yahoo yanked my account w/o providing any
reasons whatever.

Why would Yahoo care what you do on usenet?

Victor Bazarov

Gactimus said:
(e-mail address removed) (Kal Iyer) wrote in

Why would Yahoo care what you do on usenet?

I guess if anybody who has a Yahoo email address misbehaves on the 'net
in general (Usenet included), it reflects poorly on Yahoo. But you should
ask them to know for sure.