Newsgroup Posting Utility?

\Java Man\ Michael

Is there any java utility that exists that can post to newsgroups?

Thanks,

Michael

Brian Palmer

\"Java Man\" Michael said:
Is there any java utility that exists that can post to newsgroups?

Depending on what you're doing, you may want to look at the GNU
ClasspathJ stuff for a JavaMail NNTP provider (taken originally from a
separate project; the name 'ice' comes to mind).

Steven Coco

Roedy said:
Is there any java utility that exists that can post to newsgroups?

If you are thinking of writing a spam program,
[...]

Does nobody want to write a complete desktop web suite in Java?

--

..Steven Coco.
When you're not sure:

Marco Schmidt

Steven Coco:
Does nobody want to write a complete desktop web suite in Java?

Why would anyone start a complete web suite, in Java or any other
language? It's a huge project. IMO it would be better to contribute to
an existing project like Mozilla. Then again, I don't want to keep
anyone from trying.

Regards,
Marco

Miguel De Anda

Does nobody want to write a complete desktop web suite in Java?

I've actually started something that I want to use for my dad's office that
would basically run a small set of programs in an MDI desktop. I actually
don't like the way java implements MDI because it seems hard to put a
regular JFrame into a JInternalFrame. Anyways, the reason why I'm doing it
this way is because I plan on running my application in linux without a
window manager and let the app run in full screen without borders. It will
basically turn the computer into one of those terminals that can only run
the programs that I specify. I currently have the program read settings from
an xml file that will define the menu (the available applications). If the
app ever matures enough to the point that I feel other people will be
interested, I will release it as open source or something.

For this app., I've actually started a simple ftp client based on the
jakarta commons net collection. I just wish there were more applications out
there that ran on JInternalFrames so that I can plug those in as well.

I've also been looking for a web browser that I can use (freely).